Allways have flash light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allways have flash light?

I was thinking its so dark why not allways have a flash light on every person and the thing that replaces flash light with auto aim could be a laser pointer atachment. Its kinda silly that a flash light takes up a slot when you can stick it on your gun.

that would really kill the moody Ambiencs Imho. one of the cool little features is that you have to decide whether you want to have light , or that extra medpack. having to choose.

The mod is Dark for a reason.
    Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

I guess you're right...

Comment

Use the "search" thing...

Comment

They've been over this before. It's a design convention they want to keep to enhance the atmosphere. And before you ask about "realistic" flashlights that actually bathe the target in light - I think someone mentioned that the limitations of the unreal engine makes it difficult to apply dynamically projected(?) lights. Plus, I'm no engine programmer myself, but I can imagine the framerate drops when that kind of light is shined on 7-10 aliens by 8 different marines at once.
          "Who's the moron who put a moron like me in charge?"

Comment

Has anyone seen the Unreal 3 Engine E3 movie?

Comment

Yes.

/me drools thinking about it.

Comment

Im with you an this one, the flashlight is not a great add that it shouldnt be a permanant item added to the armor of each Marine. the light is ok but its not something that lights up the entire area to let u see very well. If I have to choose on taking an extra medkit over a flash light Ill take the med kit anyday. only becasue the light doesnt work very well for lighting up the maps.

Comment

I'd take the flashlight anyday (provided I had a rifle). It gives very useful autoaim to characters with a rifle. Anyone else taking it is pointless.

With a laser pointer instead I'd have no objections with everyone having a flashlight. Good idea...

Comment

it doesnt really help c anything other than the rifle thing but it looks cool and normally a marine would have a light like that.

Comment

So having the flashlight gives you auto aim automaticaly?

Comment

The flaslight in extra gives a rifle (and only a rifle) some autoaim. Currently if a medic takes a rifle, the flashlaight is the best thing to go in the extra slot. It annoys me when people take a flashlight when they haven't got a rifle, but their choice I guess, wasted slot really.

Comment

flashlight gives you a very limited autoaim when you are wielding the normal rifle only. The P-rifle, the autogun, and the flare all have better autoaim help and the effects do not stack.

I think I've read from a previous post about flashlights that everyone originally had a flashlight by default, but the effect of those lights stacking looks downright ugly, so they made it an option and added the autoaim bit for more strategic appeal.

Comment

Everyone always carries a flashlight?

And this would be different from the current public servers how exactly?
                            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Not much different

I saw that about how everyone used to have a flashlight too jamus, and they're probably right.

Comment

Working...
                              X