Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Forum

Updated
    Well, I started with some really basic mapping info in a new post in this thread, I'll continue to compile useful information and links there for now...

Original Plea Follows...

I wanna talk mapping, but I don't want to sift through a page and a half of weapon suggestions every day...

So, how 'bout it?
    Last edited by BiG_D; 29 Jun 2004, 06:33 PM. Reason: New link...
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Yeah, more and more people are asking about it now. Thievery and Nightblade have mapping forums, it's about time Alien Swarm did.

Comment

...and NightBlade isn't even out yet...
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

i'm busy wracking my brain trying to find the map files. i really agree, there should be a mapping forum for Alien Swarm.

Comment

Would be useful, get a few stickies up with 'Locations of good AS textures/meshes' and so on, stick the releases there and so on.
          Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
          - Kalias

Comment

There's obviously a growing mapping community, haven't any mods seen this thread? A comment from one would be nice.

Comment

/me makes a *comment*, there do you like my comment.

That's up to Dalai and m0dEtW0 to make the forum, they probably will soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                /me makes a *comment*, there do you like my comment.
                I do

I just wanted to hear that it might be done, which you said.

Comment

i creat maps and i like to talk to others mappers abt any idea and were stuff is how to something.

Map AO-cleansweep is in it alpha but i dont know how to post it????

Comment

You don't post it... file attaching isn't enabled. You get a host, upload it and post the link. Maybe that can be one of the sticky threads in the upcoming mapping forum... places available to host maps.

Did you check this thread... which you in fact posted in...

http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=4331

Comment

yeah cool found out over voice and post that it there. just after i posted it

Comment

2 pics from my map(spaceship rescue, no name yet): corridor and canteen (pre beta ver 0.001 )
                        here: www.cipo.uw.hu

Comment

Those look nice Cipo, can't wait. For the name, what about AO-SpaceshipRescue

Comment

thx
                            hmmm "Ao-psaceshiprescue", it is worth considering!

Comment

Ued/engine

Arrgghhh, I almost gave up mapping(big loss for the AS community ), beacause of a BSP hole(except that damn fly flying around here), am I lame or do you suffer from bspholes and editor crashes too ?!

Comment

Working...
                              X