Idea how to get Roofs in AS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea how to get Roofs in AS

Ya All Played natural selection right?Well The mods commander is in Top-down view, yeat he can see thru the roof?Quess why, there is a entity mapper places in map wich defines commanders height of view,(They can place the entity enywhere, they just define the value in somewhere). With that method, you could have roofs in maps, and command marines, i also thought about the aliens, you can add a new class of walkthrought for brushes, like add "AlienCanGoThru" brush, so the aliens still can walk over the level and drop from roofs if commanded to do so.
    "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
    For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
    In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Why put a roof if we dont see it?

Comment

I'm confused... I need to lie down.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

The commander height entity has nothing to do with the roof, they allow you to use a special brush type where you can specify transparency values for both normal marines/aliens and the commander and you build a roof onto it like that.

As for roofs in AS: Can you not just place a single sided sheet over the roof instead? That way the view from above is fine but the view from below is obscured with a texture. Not that there's any point in it at the moment.
        Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
        - Kalias

Comment

Brent Rivienne it does, i mapped a map and i had to place that entity and choose a value BELOW the roof in ns so i could build stuff or see enything. Your knowledge seems to be quite limited since ya havent made maps for it.
          "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
          For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
          In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Comment

Surely we don't really need a roof anyway, unless an FPS mode is planned...which I'm hoping isn't...

Comment

We need roofs so the extra moonlight doesn't mess with the ambience. geez guys whats a matter with you all *smacks head*
              "A True Hero isn't measured by the size of his sword but by the Size of his Heart" - Life Motto

"I'm not a TKer. I'm just an alien in desguise" - AS Motto

Happy Webmaster of The Final Quandary

Comment

No, an FPS would be killer. teams of Marines could then be more effective in fire fights. the over head is nice but give me FPS mode anyday.

Comment

I think the lack of FP is one of the reasons AO avoids the 'bugged out the ass' problems of other mods. For this reason alone, I advocate 'no FP mode'. But it would be silly anyway. Turn off FF first... that way it'll never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Xersues
                    We need roofs so the extra moonlight doesn't mess with the ambience. geez guys whats a matter with you all *smacks head*
                    That particular lighting is essential for the marines romantic sides to flourish and evolve. I'd hate to see sexual tension removed in AS 2.0.
                    Meow.

Comment

It's not "bugged out the ass", as you put it, because we decided to test it before release. Not very fashionable these days, I know.

And yes, adding a first person view will be done immediately after we disable FF (and fix the damn parasites, etc)
                      Meow.

Comment

Originally posted by DusKer
                        It's not "bugged out the ass", as you put it, because we decided to test it before release. Not very fashionable these days, I know.

And yes, adding a first person view will be done immediately after we disable FF (and fix the damn parasites, etc)

I admit I was quite frankly appalled by the lack of animation problems, disappearing weapons and map glitches. I started to wonder if it was really made by an independent non-profit group

Comment

You didn't read the fine print, did you?
                          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

LoL! It worked, right off the install, with no issues, even on linux boxes. I mean, do you guys want a community full of bitching or not???

Comment

Originally posted by Akalamanaia
                              Brent Rivienne it does, i mapped a map and i had to place that entity and choose a value BELOW the roof in ns so i could build stuff or see enything. Your knowledge seems to be quite limited since ya havent made maps for it.
                              The reason why you had to choose a value below the roof was because you don't know how to use the commander transparency. You can have the commander float above the roof just fine.

The only value you need to set below the roof (below the entire map in fact) is the value that sets where the black texture is at to prevent the hall of mirrors.

Lets not assume shall we?
                              Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                              - Kalias

Comment

Working...
                              X