Idea how to get Roofs in AS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brent Rivienne
    The reason why you had to choose a value below the roof was because you don't know how to use the commander transparency. You can have the commander float above the roof just fine.

The only value you need to set below the roof (below the entire map in fact) is the value that sets where the black texture is at to prevent the hall of mirrors.

Lets not assume shall we?
    I assume cause your still talking bullshit. Thats not hows it is done in eny of NS maps(adds unnecessary brushes, delays compiling), my method is how its done in reality, not like you think.
    "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
    For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
    In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Comment

I apologise, the invisible brush info does not apply to the roof of a map as the roof is single sided, simply anything inside the room that would block the view.
      However you do NOT have to select a value below the roof, NS still utilises a commander view much higher than the roof looking down, with the blackness cull distance removing the hall of mirrors.

If you believe you have to set the commander below the ceiling or that this particular entity has any effect on the roof at all you are very much mistaken. For one you would be unable to make maps with varying heights and for another it would be impossible to see anything in vents.

In fact placing the commander inside the actual map is incredibly advised against in the mapping guidlines.
      Last edited by Brent Rivienne; 17 Jun 2004, 05:28 AM. Reason: Reformatting of the post, additional information.
      Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
      - Kalias

Comment

Back on topic:

This actually is more in line with my suggestion of placing a single sided sheet as the roof, all that would be required in addition is static meshes that can have their visibility set depending on whether you are viewing via overlord. (So you can decorate the roof.)

Of course the whole thing is still completely useless in this mod.

In addition, it would be nice to be able to set overlord height on a map to map basis though, the feel of a map where you are much closer to the ground viewing a smaller area would be very different from one where you view from extremely high up.
        Last edited by Brent Rivienne; 17 Jun 2004, 07:01 AM. Reason: additional information
        Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
        - Kalias

Comment

Working...
        X