Aimer Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aimer Ideas

I think one thing that could make this game a little more strategic and spare people a few Player kilings.. it would be nice if people standing, shot over people crouching.. also it would be nice if you shot more towards the ground so say thers an alien in front you and im trying to help kill it, even with my aimer still on the alien the bullets can still travel past it and hit the player, if it was setup to shoot ont he ground where your aimer is you could help save that player with less risk of shooting him.. i hope i explained that well was hard to find the words for it.. very tired right now.

A lot of that can be avoided with good placement of the marines as you are moving around. Communication is KEY here, and before going on the mission everyone should know where they are in position and what direction they will be shooting at. When entering rooms or vents a quick team-talk will help reduce friendly-fire. I know it's not the same thing as you are asking but it's really the best way.

I really can't wait until I can get some friend of mine together to play this on a LAN with them!

Comment

Not really to do with the AIMER in the sense the first poster is talking about , but could it be made so that in the next version we can change our Crosshair image?
      Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Aliens admist the team always cause problems, and I think the devs wanted it that way. Eventually you get pretty good at picking aliens off your mates without shooting them, tho And I'm not sure setting the aimpoint on the cursor would be good, because atm you can USE the fact that bullets keep going to reduce mouse movements...

Comment

Originally posted by Pepito
          Not really to do with the AIMER in the sense the first poster is talking about , but could it be made so that in the next version we can change our Crosshair image?
          The ability to apply a RGB value to the crosshair would be nice.

Comment

Yeah. A nice neutral color between white & black would be best since you can lose your crosshair in areas washed out with light.
            "Who's the moron who put a moron like me in charge?"

Comment

I agree, a crouch/shoot over addition would be much appreciated. It's not like it doesn't take team coordination to pull this off anyway: you need to call someone to crouch before you can fire over your teammate, and it'll make for some interesting combination of covering fire, however, I'd recommend the change as a package:

- cannot fire while crouching to avoid the ability for double fire power over a single line. You can crouch while reloading, however.
              - crouching does not prevent TK by shotgun blast or fire.
              - eliminate health display when walking for anyone not carrying a med sat.

While unrelated, I might as well throw in that there needs to be a better way to select heal target. The use key method tends to self-heal a lot, and the portrait right click method forces your focus out of the action and forces the cursor to point upper right. Maybe a hot key that binds to "heal X" that works sort of like the right click menu?

Comment

Originally posted by Spanky
                Yeah. A nice neutral color between white & black would be best since you can lose your crosshair in areas washed out with light.
                A sort of a grey floor colour.

Comment

maybe an semi-animated crosshair, like the ones in Unreal 2. might help, and also different crosshair for different weapon? like shotgun will have something like a | so u know how much u gonan spray, ect ect
                  Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                  Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

nah cause then bullets wouldnt travel past your cursor, you wouldnt be able to take out aliens off screen when you know they're there. not that its terribly useful except in maps where you know large swarms of enemies are waiting down the hall, but it is useful. shooting over crouching teammates i thought was implimented? i can crouch in front of bots and they seem to fire over me.

Comment

I would like a -lock on- crosshair independant of your own crosshair, so you can see what alien you're firing at, and whether it's really you doing the killing or just the autoaim.

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX
                        I think one thing that could make this game a little more strategic and spare people a few Player kilings.. it would be nice if people standing, shot over people crouching
                        Actually as it is you -can- shoot over people crouching. When you shoot at a person that is crouching you hit them a lot less (Unless you are crouching as well that is).

You can see it in action with the single player bots, the moment they are hit by a single bullet they crouch until you start moving along again and they become much more difficult to hit with FF.

I've been avoiding FF with crouching for some time now. Points of note are that it doesn't work very well with shotgun blasts and the flamer.

Regarding shooting at the ground... I don't like it, if you don't want to get hit by the crossfire... don't wander into it... or crouch of course.
                        Important posts: Loadout screen:Scoreboard:Tutorial:Voicechat:Grenade aim:Upgrade points:Auto-reload
                        - Kalias

Comment

1 word: teamplay ...

Comment

to hijack the thread again:

what happened to the red lock-on crosshair that appears in single player mode? It simply disappears whenever I play multiplayer. Is that a bug or a design decision, and if it's a design decision, why?

Comment

K ive tested that crouching thing and ya it does work i treid it before with somene and ended up damaging them alot, maybe that was before the patch? i dunno anyway i currently like everything the way it is.. i just wanted to make it easier to not get killed by nubs =P hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X