SP pause option, please! :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP pause option, please! :P

i was wondering if you could put a singerplayer pause button in with the nxt patch, having to tell ure AI conterparts which direction 2 face when under heavy assult is not fun :S also could a "move group" button be added, i.e you hold down a key and you can move the cursor independently of the screen, and upon clickin the AI selected would move there, and a different key would move the whole team

gr8 mod! keep up the gd work

I think a pause button would reduce the tension a lot, since you can pause at the moment of an ambush, work out a way to maim all the bugs without dying and then adjust your plan if something else crops up...There would have to be a limit on the pauses, perhaps a set number per level.
    I like the idea of pausing to work out a strategy, it reminds me of the 'Freeze Time' option in the the old Space Hulk games. You had a set amount of time you could use to pause the game, and this could be regained slowly through kills and mission objectives. If the time ran out before you finished your planning, tough! Straight in at the deep end, and with only a half formed plan of attack usually brought some heart stopping moments!
    I have no mapping, coding or scripting knowledge. I am merely a player of games. My purpose on these forums is to throw out random ideas produced by my warp-fethed brain in the vain hope that someone more talented can realise my dream

Comment

Or use a ssssssssssssssssttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmppppp ppppppaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkk...

Seriously, I think an SP pause button (one where you could issue orders) would make things a bit too easy. I mean, stimpacks would basically become obsolete in single-player; you could just rapidly turn the pause button on and off in the middle of combat to give you time to move your marines and issue orders. Part of the skill of a good AS player is being able to think quickly on their feet, and yes that's hard in a game as fast and frantic as AS - hence stimpacks.

Or yes, you could just press 'Pause'.

Comment

i meant the pause to have a limeted time (say 5 second burst) and uses, say 3, and the idea is not for time, its so you can set your troops up defencivly, if you go from "follow me" to hold position, the marine at the back will face forwards, and thus b raped 2 death from behind as he wont shoot them until they attack him, which sucks
        this would give very little advantage except the ability to better organise you troops

Comment

Originally posted by Padders
          Or use a ssssssssssssssssttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmppppp ppppppaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkk...

Seriously, I think an SP pause button (one where you could issue orders) would make things a bit too easy. I mean, stimpacks would basically become obsolete in single-player; you could just rapidly turn the pause button on and off in the middle of combat to give you time to move your marines and issue orders. Part of the skill of a good AS player is being able to think quickly on their feet, and yes that's hard in a game as fast and frantic as AS - hence stimpacks.

Or yes, you could just press 'Pause'.
          Why? You can only control one marine at a time as opposed to online where each marine has a human master, and you can bring 8 instead of 4. Single-player makes multiplayer look really bloody easy.

Frankly, the idea of Space Hulk freeze time has a certain appeal... I'd rather just have smarter bots though.
          "If a newbie isn't doing exactly what you want them too, you must be extra condescending and whiny over VoIP to get them to listen. The more nasaly angry you can make your tone the better, because it could make all the difference."

Comment

If 'Pause' doesn't work (I haven't tried), then that basic level of pausing (where you can't do anything except unpause) is required.

Else what are you going to do when, halfway through Salvage, nature calls?
            Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

You have to hold it in. The roster screen is the time to go.

Comment

It's like being at school

"I need the loo!"

"Well, you should have gone on the roster screen."

"But I really need it!"

"You'll just have to wait until the next one."
                "If a newbie isn't doing exactly what you want them too, you must be extra condescending and whiny over VoIP to get them to listen. The more nasaly angry you can make your tone the better, because it could make all the difference."

Comment

It does work, in singleplayer anyway.

In multiplayer - well, you just have to go on the roster screen. Unless you're part of the sIX clan, who are so hardcore they use catheters.

Comment

Originally posted by Padders
                    Unless you're part of the sIX clan, who are so hardcore they use catheters.
                    ROFL You don't beat insane by taking toilet breaks

Comment

Why am I reminded of the Duke Nukem "I'm going to rip off your head and s**t down your neck" cutscene?

(Just watch out for parasites while you're squatting.)
                      Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X