Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ReactorCore with 1 Marine on INSANE (almost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReactorCore with 1 Marine on INSANE (almost)

You can find the demo of Crash equiped with a flamer, shotty, and stims beating INSANE Reactor Core at:
    http://66.93.197.115/Storage/alone41.demo4 (1.7 megs)

As you can see, I made a few mistakes. All of them being in the vents (the hardest part).

The victory screenshot is at:
    http://66.93.197.115/Storage/ReactorAlone.jpg (70 k)

Next: Rescue!
    GO SHOTTY GO!

Edit: Completed the run. Original post was an ALMOST complete run.
    Last edited by Sniper007; 18 Jun 2004, 06:09 PM.
    "The greatest leader is he who is aggressive in meeting the needs of others."

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Sniper: The sexxiest voice in gamming.

damn so close...very nice job...
    i practiced a bit earlier and i make it to end of the eggs room now...
    probably will have completed it soon
    I dont do it with shotgun though...i do it with p-rifle flamer...

Comment

How do you record demos? I've been trying to beat AO-ReactorCore on insane as well (Crash, obviously) with a flamer, p-rifle & stims and I made it as far as the egg room too. It'll only take me 1000 more tries
      "Who's the moron who put a moron like me in charge?"

Comment

demorec filename
        demostop

Comment

Dangit, I can't change the TITLE of this thread...

Well here's my INSANE run on Salvage with Jaeger. Be prepaired for UBER CHEAPNESS at the end. You may as well stop the demo once I jump onto the boxes...

http://66.93.197.115/Storage/Salvage08.demo4

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Comment

Reactor Core with 1 marine completed on insane!

http://sixclan.cjb.net/alon5.zip

unzip it in your ut2004/demos folder...
            join clan six server for uadmin file i think it will be required as it was recorded in multiplayer on my server...
            then do: demoplay alon5

enjoy!

Comment

yeesh, cant wait to check this out. im still juggling bots back in hard difficulty, wee great fun. im at barracks as well (single player is very fun for me for some reason). maybe one day i will be able to do such things... muahhaha

Comment

Practice makes perfect...
                The fact that you can do hard difficulty in single player is already one good accomplishment let me tell you.

Comment

I can do any mission with Jaeger, an assault shotgun, a flamer and stims on insane, right up until I run out of ammo... I suppose I could take an ammo bag instead of the flamer but even with those 5 extra clips, on insane you run out too quick. The best way to go solo seems to be flamer and ammo bag.

Comment

I stopped trying on Rescue. I mean really, how am I supposed to survive 60+ seconds at the lift (assuming I can get the lift drop trick to work on the way down) when I can barely survive 15 seconds... I took Crash (for hacking), flamer, shotty and stims. Though shotty isn't really necessary in that level. One sentry isn't going to do jack crap there. It will run out before the lift is half way up. What I need is a place to hide till the lift arrives.

Comment

Well, i've beaten hard single player, so now its on to INSAAAAANE!
                      Maybe after this ill try beating the game with a single marine

Comment

That's the main problem carth...you could do any mission with infinite ammo, only now u gotta watch ur ammo...
                        I currently am working on research, I make it to the final room...like 5 seconds away from escape...didnt complete it yet still working on it

I take crash with P-Rifle Flamer and Welder...
                        The WELDER is your friend in this mission...

Here's how I do it step by step
                        1)Clear first aliens and dive through with flamer
                        2)Clear north corridor with flamer/rifle
                        3)Clear vents with flamer, hack north turret
                        4)First room on the right at the bottom, run in set eggs on fire and run out, a few aliens/butterflies will run after you, use flamer
                        5)Do bottom left room with flamer and come back from where you entered and seal the door shut
                        6)Cut the bottom door of egg room, burn egg take syntek files, go out and seal it
                        7)Cut top door of egg room, get in stun nade enemies and flame all with eggs, go out and seal the door
                        8)Go back to north corridor which is now protected by sentry and go into laser room, keep shooting south with rifle as soon as you have the time seal the south door of laser room, then seal the east door (its safe cuz of turret)
                        9)Jump over lasers and go hack, no aliens will come doors are shut.
                        10)Hit laser button to turn them back on and hit the stims barrel
                        11)This is the tricky part, gotta use stun nades rifle and flamer to kill aliens and flame eggs...you are probably going to run out of ammo if you fight too much so use stun nades and dive through the aliens...make sure to hit the boxes with flamer so all eggs burn and escape...

still working on #11...

Comment

You people have a worrying amount of time on your hands.

Comment

roflroger

Comment

What do I open this with?
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------
                              Wolfe: WHY...WON'T...YOU...DIE!!!!
                              Parasite: MWHAAHHAAHAHHA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X