bot control option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bot control option?

Would it be possible for a team control (for bots) to be implimented so as you could split them into different squads? like say i have squad 1 of searge+wildcat and squad 2 of faith+crash, so i can hit key 5 and 6 to toggle between these groups rather then have everyone follow one guy by hitting follow group, or having to position each one manually (which works better, but is a royal pain navigating through each map like that)

basically; the ability to split your marines in single player into 2-3 groups rather then have all nearby marines simply follow the person who says 'follow me'.

i say this because i use my marines to leapfrog around maps in hard difficulty so i can spread out the ammo usage and everything reliably. blind follow just gets bots killed, and is no good for the harder difficulties.

The leapfrog way you mention is what we intended. Follow is just there to move through quiet areas.
    Meow.

Comment

so you mean it's already implemented? if so , how?

Also , being able to position your bots , and have them stay in positions relative to their teammates (within a certain range, we dont want formations 1024 uu's wide!) would be great.
      Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

hmm, i think what he means is that you're supposed to manually control each bot and move them into position, which works, but its a big pain, especially since mission times can grow into 10-30 minute ranges, and doing one over again is NOT something you like...

Comment

Unfortunately for some, we get a lot of kicks from micromanaging (blame blizzard RTSs and enjoy all the tactical positioning.

It also makes the single player play a little differently to the multi, which i think is nice. We don't want single player to be a solo run with autoaim bots playing the game themselves.
          Meow.

Comment

meh, it's cool, just trying to run through rescue on insane is a real pain in the you know where. game gets real hard to pull off around there.

Comment

I actually usually do 3 + 1 teams, cos it's a lot easier to do compared to 2 + 2. Sure you can have 2 + 2 teams running about, but every time you want it you need to play around the interface.

I'd welcome the option to order single bots to follow you.

[Edit:]
              With 2 + 2 the bots would get stuck in the vents less, too, since only one bot would be following you at any give moment.
              DeepQantas
              Tester
              Last edited by DeepQantas; 20 Jun 2004, 07:27 AM.
              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
              X