Preferred class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred class

It's not about your favourite character (yes, Faith/Wildcat is hot) or about your preferred character to play (there weren't enough poll options for that).

If you are in a single mission with 3 other people, which class would you prefer? No there isn't an "I like them all equally" option, you need to choose
    Explosives
    34.67%
    Tech
    30.67%
    Medic
    24.00%
    Special Weapons
    10.67%

How do we know Faith and Wildcat are hot, anyway? I mean, they might have scars or something under all that armour. Horrible, horrible scars. But we only ever get to see their faces...

I bet Wildcat was once a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Padders
      I bet Wildcat was once a man.
      Blasphemy!

One thing though, why does she have to have the Rylisa model... *shudder* The Mercenary models are much better than the Juggernauts.

Comment

Well when i started to play, i played Special Weapons class and found it really easy to play, since it got autoaim and all, but then as i play harder lvls, I see lvls require a tech, and so many tech aren't that good (like the laser jumping part) , then after i while, i went play with explosive class, with ASG and Flamer, hell i have a blast, even with a NON upgraded explosive guy, and u play on insane, as long as you have that ASG, u'll feel strong.
        Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
        Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

Explosives has unmatched raw firepower, fire mines that can save a team's ass (far better than sentries in most situations), and fairly good versitility. A lot of people say there are no reason to take them, but a good explosives soldier is very powerful.

Comment

SARGE/JAEGER rule! The ASG is a mean weapon - I only ever play as Explosives now - ASG, AMMO and mines.

It pisses me off when you're trying to cover the rear, only to have some wiseguy tailing you... right in your line of fire, or just where you wanna place a mine.

Comment

I'm in the Faith fan club.

Comment

(Aside: Would have made more sense to put the poll in the same order as ingame, with tech last, IMO.)

I like techs. But then, I was always an engineer in good ol' Team Fortress Classic. And Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and, come to think of it, most games with such a class.

Oh, and never get to see under the armour? Well, just wait for the inevitable nudepatch*.

Disclaimer: nudepatch only reveals Bastille
                Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUNK
                  SARGE/JAEGER rule! The ASG is a mean weapon - I only ever play as Explosives now - ASG, AMMO and mines.

It pisses me off when you're trying to cover the rear, only to have some wiseguy tailing you... right in your line of fire, or just where you wanna place a mine.
                  I have learned to just drop the mine anyway. They start to catch on eventually. Telling them you are dropping a fire mine doesn't work, warning them not to fall behind doesn't work, they only learn when they get incinerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Warskull
                    I have learned to just drop the mine anyway. They start to catch on eventually. Telling them you are dropping a fire mine doesn't work, warning them not to fall behind doesn't work, they only learn when they get incinerated.
                    Actually a lot of people realise what the mine is and get back when they see you drop it. If they don't serves them right for not going when you tell them. I also love explosives, followed by tech, followed by medic. Special weapons gets boring I find.

Oh, and I'm glad to see explosives is winning, I thought it was underestimated (sort of the reason for the poll, to see what people really thought).

Originally posted by LionsPhil
                    (Aside: Would have made more sense to put the poll in the same order as ingame, with tech last, IMO.)
                    Honestly didn't even think about it, oh well, people can read.

Comment

You can do some serious serious damage with explosives
                      "Who's the moron who put a moron like me in charge?"

Comment

I would choose Special Weapons with an AutoGun/Flamer/Stim loadout... now come on and blame me :p

Comment

Originally posted by JenoLT
                          I would choose Special Weapons with an AutoGun/Flamer/Stim loadout... now come on and blame me :p
                          Or take explosives with Shotgun/Flamer/Stim loadout for extreme alien killing. Autoguns are slow, which is bad for anything above hard.

Comment

I'd say Explosives , but if theyre taking I'll go with medic (when its above normal) so that I can freeload and just heal.
                            Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Medpacks are for your team-mates! If you are a medic and don't get perfect what are you playing at? (j/k)

Comment

Working...
                              X