Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some newbie questions

Hi, I am new... I've got some questions about this wonderful mod

1) What types of doors are there? Are they all sealable? Can aliens open all kinds of unsealed doors? What about the ones with green use buttons by them?

2) Did you guys found sensors to be of any help in battles?

3) Can AI-controlled medics heal wounded teammates?

thanks!

1) Any door that can still open and close can still be sealed. Aliens can get through any door that automatically opens, if it requires a button press they just wail on it.

2) Not really

3) They don't

Comment

1) Doors that actually open and close are most likely all sealables...

2) sensors? you mean like the scanner? I dont think so...

3) I dont think they do you need to do it by yourself...

Comment

thanks for the fast replies guys!

do you actually seal the doors at all then? I've done it quite a few times just to get my rear attacked by totally unexpected bugs that came out of some pipe...

Comment

There are a few doors worth sealing, though usually only if you are going to hang around in that area, come back that way, or are being pursued.

The sensor is a big fat waste of space

Bots won't be anything for you except shoot... and pretty much only if theyre holding position.
          "If a newbie isn't doing exactly what you want them too, you must be extra condescending and whiny over VoIP to get them to listen. The more nasaly angry you can make your tone the better, because it could make all the difference."

Comment

the radar isnt that bad if u can uses it, you can see aleins blip on the radar a good 2 secs beofre the appear at the fat egde of your sreens, so its usefull for epen spaces if you need to know where they are going to come from next (i.e forcus firepower front or behind)

Comment

yeah but 90% of the time you can use sound to do that, and the rest of the time you're in too close of quarters to need radar to tell you where they are...

just isn't that handy imo, neat i guess, but not too handy. i wonder if there's a way to use it to your advantage in a flamethrower fest though... hmm.

Comment

No radar on faith is one good reason why I like Faith more than Bastille...
                Scanner annoys me...
                Is there a way to turn it off?

Comment

bastille has a scanner? wha?

Comment

Techs have scanners. Other marines share them if they are close enough. So in order to turn of the scanner you should TK the techs.
                    Immortius' Forge

Comment

The scanners are pretty useless, aren't they? To be useful they'd need a bigger range, and a way of identifying yourself.
                      "If a newbie isn't doing exactly what you want them too, you must be extra condescending and whiny over VoIP to get them to listen. The more nasaly angry you can make your tone the better, because it could make all the difference."

Comment

i only use scanner to tell if the GROUP of player is close to me or not , thats when i am going on rambo, hehehe, i also use it to see if there is ANY aliens near.
                        Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
                        Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

I find the scanner gives a good way to jedge the direction of an attack if you are guarding a large room with no bottle necks to watch over. A quick glance now and then never hurt anyone

Comment

A most handy tool to find missing teammates in Research and Observation.
                            --

Comment

Working...
                            X