Alien Swarm mentioned on Penny Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Swarm mentioned on Penny Arcade

Penny Arcade mentioned our beloved Alien Swarm on their news update today. It's in the third paragraph, linked by the text 'unstoppable creative torrent of the mod community'. Expect a sizable amount of newbies.
    Please refrain from stabbing me. I bleed.

Maybe it will spawn more servers, last night I saw only 4 servers up and 2 had 1 person in them and one was empty, and one was full...

Here is to more servers!

Comment

Hmmm, I usually see around 40 servers.

Comment

Protoz check your filter settings. I have mine set so only non passworded servers show, and I get around 30+. You might have something screwy in your filter setting.

Comment

i think he's filtering for servers with players only.... in which case it would be accurate. there's way too few players for the amount of servers up already.

Comment

main problem is that people dont join empty servers, they are like: oh all servers that have people on are full and others are empty, I guess I cant play...
            Join a server with 0 people and it will fill up...

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-of-sIX
              main problem is that people dont join empty servers, they are like: oh all servers that have people on are full and others are empty, I guess I cant play...
              Join a server with 0 people and it will fill up...
              it's actually for this reason that I welcome servers that host more than 8 people. Chances are more than 8 will join the server, and then the 4-8 spectators can then break out to join another server after they meet.

Comment

And teamkilling is why I favour servers of 4 people. Not that I ever see any up.

Comment

o/ Yus, I am one such n00b recruited by Penny Arcade. I was even linked to Thief: TheCircle from them aswell, I didn't know the two were connected till recently ^_^. I'm liking AS alot at the moment tho. I've completely suspended playing UT and Frag.Ops to play it. Awesome game.

Comment

PA noob as well

I too am a Penny Arcade "noob" and man I have to say, what a treat this mod is. My gaming group plays Space Hulk (a table top version kind of like aliens but set in Games Workshop's universe of 40k) and this game is just a real treat to play. LAN play this thing really shines with coordinated team work and yelling and screaming and the lighting is great. Good job guys, keep up the great work.

-Will

Comment

Watashiwa libolah

I'm a Penny arcade noob too. What a great game this is. Props to the developpers. I really like how teammates explode when you put them on fire, that's just the sweetest thing ever.

P.S. I noticed theres no FF off option....

Comment

/me runs from PA noobs ......

/me puts on a 5 star Sarge equipped with dual shottie

/me runs back to greet PA noobs

Welcome and have fun.
                        --

Comment

Remember, new players: Read the "1001 Obvious Survival Hints" thread and follow ALL of the advice, especially the parts that contradict eachother!
                          Hey, what's that white dot on the circle-thingy meaGARRRGH!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X