Where it's going...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where it's going...

Well I just found out about this mod (Penny Arcade noob and all) and I have to say this is the best damn thing since sliced bread. I am loving the mod, loving the atmosphere, loving the campaign, loving the custom maps, hell I played it so much that last night I even dreamed Alien Swarm! With that note, I looked around the site to see if there's a "Where it's going." type thread for later revisions. More maps, different aliens, another campaign, revisions etc.

As a side note, with so many close tie ins with Space Hulk, Aliens, and Starship troopers, there are so many various maps and missions that could be done. Keep it up guys, great work!

-Will

Maybe they will add a deathmatch or team deathmatch. It would be fun running around the hall way's and fragging people with the smart gun!

Comment

DM has already been rigged by some community mappers.

Man oh man do i wish i got a suit of tac. dreadnaught armor, but i doubt it'll happen. i'd also kind of feel funny if it did, and likely would regret wishing for it if i did recieve it.

Peek around on the forum, and you might gleam some info on where the game is going.

Comment

I just downloaded the mod earlier today and I beat it in my 2nd session. 1st time I played we got past the first 4 levels, then I joined another server later and played through the rest of the campaign.

My first impressions -

For a group of friends who want to play through the entire campaign, that's a huge commitment of time. Because there's no save feature and starting over again would require you to rebuild/start with junk characters, people will want to play through it in one sitting. Add a way to save the game so friends can pick up where they left off.

We beat the campaign on easy difficulty, then the campaign restarted. I thought we would keep our character builds and then be able to restart the campaign on normal mode, but I was wrong. New characters all over again, that's a bummer.

I also wish there was some kind of redamentary mini-map, shown either during the briefing or available to you in the field. Though most maps there's only one way you can go, people get lost.

Give the leader or tech person the ability to add waypoints on the radar or map.

Give the leader some kind of bonus command skills that effect the squad, so there's incentive to being the leader.

I'd love a way to be able to create my own characters instead of using the pre-made ones.

During the whole time playing the campaign I was a medic. In the later levels when aliens are swarming all over it's really hard to tell who needs medical attention. I can see on the right bar that people are losing health, but with all the aliens running around and marines, and stim use, it's hard to find who i'm supposed to heal. If there was a special medic skill/medic item, or a leader skill, that displayed marines HP under their names, that would be a huge help.

It was a fun game to play, and I might play the campaign again as another class, but because I can't keep my character I build, the replay value goes down. I don't know how fun the user-made maps are..I don't see any of them hosted.

-Z

Comment

Originally posted by Zarcath
          For a group of friends who want to play through the entire campaign, that's a huge commitment of time. Because there's no save feature and starting over again would require you to rebuild/start with junk characters, people will want to play through it in one sitting. Add a way to save the game so friends can pick up where they left off.

It was a fun game to play, and I might play the campaign again as another class, but because I can't keep my character I build, the replay value goes down. I don't know how fun the user-made maps are..I don't see any of them hosted.
          It is saved after each map you complete.. If your playing singleplayer you just have to make sure to load the same game the next time.
          "Small phones, short skirts and compact cars are all the rave these days; someday, the small penis will be in style and then YOU will be the man."

Comment

ah okay, I only joined games I never hosted one.

-Z

Comment

You can save it off-line, but some method of saving games on server might be nice. Possibly saving it on the player's comp and if the server admin allows (and the vote passes) the player can load one of their saved games.

We beat the campaign on easy difficulty, then the campaign restarted. I thought we would keep our character builds and then be able to restart the campaign on normal mode, but I was wrong. New characters all over again, that's a bummer.
              Yeah, each campaign is from scratch. You would end up with all 5-star marines though.

I also wish there was some kind of redamentary mini-map, shown either during the briefing or available to you in the field. Though most maps there's only one way you can go, people get lost.

Give the leader or tech person the ability to add waypoints on the radar or map.
              It can be rough when you haven't learned the maps yet. However I don't think there is really any time to add way points to a mini-map during the game itself (especially on harder difficulties.) I guess a map of some sort in the briefing room that you could draw on would be cool.

Give the leader some kind of bonus command skills that effect the squad, so there's incentive to being the leader.
              Leader really just controls the starting and restarting of the map. It isn't really the leader, more just game control.

During the whole time playing the campaign I was a medic. In the later levels when aliens are swarming all over it's really hard to tell who needs medical attention. I can see on the right bar that people are losing health, but with all the aliens running around and marines, and stim use, it's hard to find who i'm supposed to heal. If there was a special medic skill/medic item, or a leader skill, that displayed marines HP under their names, that would be a huge help.
              You can use the bars on the right or hit the shift key (displays health bars over marine's head.) You can also heal by right clicking on a marine's portrait if you are close enough too them.

Comment

Game on?
                Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

i want to ba able to play as what the game could call "Mercs", so you could play as other people instead of the usual 8, like from the other UT2k4 races, like the Skaarj etc that'd be great
                  !! A New Disease !!

Comment

Working...
                  X