X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModSquad Review

http://modsquad.beyondunreal.com/review.php?id=191

Did the review, loved the mod!

n1ce one, the review expresses right the way i think bout this great mod.

Comment

Nice review, it summarizes neatly the aspects of the game that make us like it so much, and I am sure it will bring some new players to the game.

Just to nitpick a bit: The text gives the impression that only tech marines can seal/unseal doors, whereas any marine can do it.

I also think you are a bit too enthusiastic about the AI. Do you really think they adapt well to different missions? It seems to me the AI is very limited - pretty much like having a movable sentry in the shape of a marine.
      --

Comment

I like the review , although I REALLY DISAGREE about the bots being smart. Sure theyre smarter than bots in some mods , but I've never seen a bot do anything other than Follow and Stay.I want to see my medics medicking , and my Hackers Hacking... and generally acting like regular players.

but then on the other hand , a player learns more when they have to hack and heal on their own.
        Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

on the 2nd thought i agree with the last to posters. the ai reallyacts like being a walking turret, and @ least the medics should heal u on demand. but the true thing bout the good ai is the fact, that the marines turn to their targets on approach, i already played games where neither ai was implemented nor thought of...

Comment

I'd prefer the bots didn't heal or hack or weld, since they would probably do it at the wrong time, or when you have too much health. I'd rather set the bot's in a formation and do the hacking/welding/healing myself than have a bot running forward and doing something by itself.

Comment

But healing on command when you press f3 , or healing eachother when they have parasites wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing. . . its not necessary , just one of those little things. maybe a checkbox in settings for Autonomous bots?
              Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Guys, you're scaring me. A bot that heals would make me kind of useless playing the lousy medic

EDIT: Missed the point of my post by being off topic as usual. Nice review!

Comment

Originally posted by Pepito
                  But healing on command when you press f3
                  That would be a good idea, a bot heals you if you call for it.

Originally posted by [nt]Leo
                  Guys, you're scaring me. A bot that heals would make me kind of useless playing the lousy medic
                  A bot could never replace you Leo

Comment

the bots should heal on demand, not by "will". it would be nice, if u could call for a medic or for ammo, and a bot takes whatever action nessecary. u could continue playing ur favorite character / class and wouldn't need 2 change the player all the time. would be quite helpful e.g. if u get infested. it's quite annoying 2 play AS alone, just because u need 2 switch characters for a lousy autogun ammo drop.

nonetheless a good review!

Comment

Heal/ammo on demand bot’s would be comfy, but how would you prevent them from storming right through the line of fire of the guy covering the wounded etc. Guess it could be smart enough to see that killing off any nearby enemies is highest priority or something.

Originally posted by Carth
                      A bot could never replace you Leo
                      Aw, geez… I was hoping for someone, just anyone, to say that.
                      Am I that obvious?

love-bombing is great

Comment

When you choose the medic, and you have the Medkit equipped, can't you just right-click the needy marine? This is pretty much heal-on-demand. And the feel if the single player game is that the marines are all being commanded by you. They don't really play the game, like bots do. They wait until you act, presumably as a commander issuing orders. This is the right approach. Frankly, I set all my marines in careful covering patterns, and don't want some cowboy hotshot going it alone. That's what online play is for!

Comment

Bean Review:
                          "Obvious influences are Aliens, Starship Troopers, and even a little Starcraft"
                          Nice review but you have forgotten the real ancestor of alien swarm: ALIEN BREED for the mithycal Amiga -old gamer pride -

Alien Breed img
                          ALZ

Comment

Working...
                          X