Map hints(gaming not making)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map hints(gaming not making)

This thread is for advice for maps. Some are pretty obvious if you played through in Single Player, but apparently some people don't know.

Reactor Core:
    There is a vent south of egg room.
    You can sentry the starting point for exit.

Rescue:
    You can hit the switch on the right of the broken door in the darkened area to open it for others.
    You might want to go from one side only in dark area to avoid FF.
    You can do the dark area by spraying ahead of you if you are first or it is clear in front of you, Stun grenades reveal aliens in the dark. I suggest using flares if it is a large team.
    There is a welder in the east room and you can open it from inside with the button near the top of the door.
    Sentrying the elevator helps.
    Use Williams as a tank, he is almost invincible.

Research:
    You can jump the lasers without tech, lots of people doing it now. Jump on the metal thingy on the left.

Salvage:
    Lots of places to hide for evac. On top of cranes, boxes and behind the last railway etc. Best to do it the proper way though.

Uplink:
    You can wait for the swarm to cease before hacking the uplink. Watch those stairs though.

Barracks:
    Hack the door then hack the computer. Unless you are playing with jokers who rush through the door when you hack it despite your instructions.

Observation:
    You do not have to hack the console beside the turret console to complete objective one. Just push the archives button. And don't crowd inside that room.
    You can jump up the final hacking console.

Feel free to add your own map specific tips. Put general tactics under monkey's tactics post please.
    Last edited by reallybadplayer; 12 May 2005, 01:20 AM.

Thanks, I need some tips.

Comment

hey, this is a really good 1 - helped me immensely 4 my sp-campain, thx!

Comment

Reactor Core:
        Weld the second door when you come across. You will notice a significant drop in numbers in the interection when you going back for extraction.

Barrack:
        After the hack room, go as quickly as you can to the bridge. You will stop the spawn when you reach the bridge.

Observation:
        Do not seal the two doors at the beginning. You will regret for that.
        There is a med-kit just north of the cross-intersection on the east side.
        I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Originally posted by tank hunter
          Reactor Core:
          Weld the second door when you come across. You will notice a significant drop in numbers in the interection when you going back for extraction.

Barrack:
          After the hack room, go as quickly as you can to the bridge. You will stop the spawn when you reach the bridge.

Observation:
          Do not seal the two doors at the beginning. You will regret for that.
          There is a med-kit just north of the cross-intersection on the east side.

btw, those are for sp campaign not for mp's or sm's

Comment

Rescue: Just before the first turret, you can avoid triggering the spawns by jumping on the pipes and going up and right and down in the dark.

Makes it easier for those who want to try insane solo.

Autogunners can drop their weapon on top of the pipes and then pick them up as they jump.
            Last edited by reallybadplayer; 17 Jul 2004, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Research:
              Right before you head into corner with the sealed doors at the West side, there is a vent at the North wall. You may get a turret up. Try the one close to the laser room. This should hold off the swarm from one side and make things easier.
              In the room of the sealed door, hack whatever you can hack to unlock Uplink

Comment

Originally posted by tank hunter
                Research:
                In the room of the sealed door, hack whatever you can hack to unlock Uplink
                You don't need to hack it, just use it. so need need for a tech. it's the computer terminal near the south sealed door.
                If we can hit that bull's-eye,
                the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...
                Checkmate.

Comment

Observation:
                  Only one person really needs to go to the Main Control room. (a tech of course) Everyone else should wait at the south junction and not venture far from that spot. If the Techie is quick enough, he can skirt the north wall of the east hall of the junction all the way up to the observation/glass room. When he reaches that door, he should IMMEDIATELY seal it and as soon as he is finished, run to the north sealed door. If you do it just right, the aliens that jump through the glass won't see/hear you and start bashing open the door. Otherwise you'll have to deal with them on the way back because they'll have broken through. If not, they'll just start bashing the door on your return.

Once you reach the second sealed door, weld it open rather than going through the vent. The vent has an alien spawn in it that can be completely avoided by taking a little extra time. After he is done with the weld, proceed to hack the south junction turret. After the hack is done, run over to the small panel that opens the sub-processing area and hit it. As soon as you hit it, two aliens will drop from the ceiling to the east. Take one out and make a beeline for the door, facing backwards to kill the other as you run. When you're out of the room, run all the way back to your teammates the way you came in.

The only problem with this route is the south-east junction. Sometimes aliens will spawn on your way up to the observation/glass room, and attack you as you start to weld (if so, dispatch them before you start to weld and/or trigger the glass breaking). On the way back, aliens will be waiting for you there as well, so be careful.

If you're good enough you can do this entire first part alone with little/no damage to yourself or your teammates.
                  "Crack the panel!"
                  "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Working...
                  X