AO-Uplink??...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AO-Uplink??...

hey umm..sorry if this question has been asked many many times...but...i've also asked many many times and searched google for an hour straight now and im very very curious as to how you unlock the map uplink in campaign mode...its a very fun map and i usually only end up playing it online because theres some "uber leet guy whose too good to say how to unlock uplink" who unlocks uplink. and even when i ask they dont tell me how to get it. all i know is that theres a computer somehwere that im suppose to look at or something...if someone can tell me at least what level im suppose to find the computer then please tell me..thank you for your time and see ya online hehe

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Uplink is unlocked once you have completed the Research level IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRowley
      Uplink is unlocked once you have completed the Research level IIRC.
      I have no idea what he's talking about.

To unlock uplink, just proceed in Research until you encounter a door that is sealed shut. Cut the door open, and directly behind it you should find a room with ONE egg in it (in the north east corner). There is a computer on the north wall of this room that you must USE. That should unlock UPLINK.
      "The greatest leader is he who is aggressive in meeting the needs of others."

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Sniper: The sexxiest voice in gamming.

Comment

Read the Research objectives. The objective is mentioned there, but it's optional to actually completing the mission.

It's not hidden, either. In fact, it's pretty much in the middle of the map.

Cheers, and happy uplinking!

---

[Edit:]
        Damn, Sniper was faster. I'll get the better of you yet, you!
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

gtoresearchmiddleofma panduse terminal on northwaaltounoloakck uplinK!

BAM! 2.43 seconds!
          "The greatest leader is he who is aggressive in meeting the needs of others."

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Sniper: The sexxiest voice in gamming.

Comment

hehe thank you all, i finnally found it!! hahah..uplink is one of my favorite maps cuz of the big bug boss hehe, except its really boring on single player ....oh wellz...haha lol..kudos to the 2.43 secondz guy hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper007
              I have no idea what he's talking about.
              Sorry, I didn't realise that it was a secret. I just played through the Research level and when I finished it the Uplink level had appeared on my map - I thought that hacking that computer was one of the required objectives to complete the level

I suppose it may have come up as a line of text during the mission or something, but I didn't notice...

Comment

i recall times when people had to go back and hit the computer to finish to level, but it seems it is optional, perhaps I am bonkers?

Comment

the objective is optional because i've played many campaign runs where someone didnt hit the computer and uplink was avoided totally..maybe its a bug?...who knows, but at least i know i won't ever be forgetting to hit it from now on hehe

Comment

I remeber people having to go back and use the computer, but I've also skipped the level myself, so I really don't know what to think anymore...

EDIT: I was thinking (yeah, I know, but it happens every once in a while), it seems to me that everytime the research objective was optional was in a campaign, and every time it was required it was in a single mission. hmmmm....
                    Last edited by BiG_D; 11 Jul 2004, 10:21 AM.
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                    X