Banned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned!

Argh. I love Alien-Swarm immensely, but what the hell is up with "Quizzes", where if you get the answer wrong 3 times, you are automatically banned?

I ran into this mutator once on a server, and found it to be substantially irritating when I was prompted with the question:
    "At what level does a medic's heal automatically cure infections?"

Fairly simple, right?

My first answer: "Err, level 5?"

Apparrently not quite the string the quiz was looking for.

My second answer: "5"

Once again, incorrect.

My last answer: "Level 5"

And I was banned. Not for long, granted, but still banned. I still have to pass the fucking quiz if I re-enter.

I don't get it. According to Butters, and personal experience, that is the correct answer. How did it neglect to acknowledge my answer 3 times in a row?

Bah.
    "Humility makes me look better than I really am"

weird, I said 5 and it worked out perfectly.. *shrugs*
    It does filter out (to a degree) those who still need to log some time with a live team and get educated on the ways of Swarm.
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

yeah, I find the ratio of people that make it to those that don't to be about 1 to 3.

Comment

you mean the quiz thinger can see how long you have been playing AS online? cool haha thats a definite helper against basic newbie protection

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Haha thats also a good way to filter out any new potential fans of the mod. GJ!

Comment

there are plenty of open servers out there, if it says 'experts only' in the tittle, one *SHOULD* deduce that its for semi-experienced players... yeah? :p
            Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

Working...
            X