Maps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps...

wow...it seems like there are so many new maps and yet all the servers play nothing but the same old campaign missions over and over again...what servers play these newer maps? i'm quite curiuos and i wanna try them out..but first maybe i should start playing some normal and hard missions first...all these easy missions are really starting to bore me ...

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

I saw a server running that said 'custom maps' though it usualy seems to be running just weapon factory alongside the standard campaign missions.
    Kindda wonder if anyone has thought about doing another campaign?
    Times like this I wish Unreal's mapping was like doom/quake. I would have busted out 2 camps by now
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

hahaha, well all you prospective map makers...i have a great sugestion for you all...how about you all butt heads together and make your own individual maps that follow some kinda story? it would be an awesome way for the community to all help make alien swarm an even funner game and it would add to the entire "super duper co-op multiplayer friendliness" the game is recognized for! i think thats a marvelous idea! but then again it is up to the map makers to decide hehe

Comment

If I were to make a campaign with a bunch of other people, I'd rather do it right and get together to throw around a bunch of ideas instead of making seperate maps and trying to glue em together with a story. It'd be alot more fun and we'd end up with a better set of maps that way.

Comment

ahh, yea you got a point there --;; haha my bad >.<. but still, it sounds like a good idea doesn't it? because im sure everyone has their own "specialty" as far as map making goes, for instance one guy REALLY likes making indoor maps where half the time the team is seperate and they have to regroup (i.e. barracks[hope i spelled right --;;..]) and maybe another guy just loves making a fairly simple to navigate map with hordes of bugs and a big fat bug boss at the end (uplink combined with observation)...the possibilities on style of map making are endless and i'm definetly sure that there are many talented people out there

Comment

I'm down for that... *busts out his special edition DVD and starts watching tutorials *

Comment

haha hey...how bout we dedicate a thread to map ideas? things that players want in a campaign that mappers can supply? i think its a cool idea! hehe because as far as i can see now it looks like only mappers are making what comes up in their heads, and i'm sure theres ideas out there that they could more then successfully create if the mappers knew the ideas. its like that saying "two heads are always better then one"

Comment

sounds good to me, I'm fleshing out a map right now that I had originaly planned for a DooM map pack (yes I map for doom, die ) but it would fit equaly well considering the objectives..

Comment

Working...
                X