Sega: Alien Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sega: Alien Syndrome

After perusing thru some of my old MAME Roms (Arcade emulator)
    I found the old Sega arcade game called "Alien Syndrome". This is an exact replica of Alien Swarm, with door hacking, top down view, the whole shot! Take a look at the screenie, and download the PC port (only 282k) and give it a run.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1828

ahh sega.. the good old days. Did this game have any persuasion on Alien Swarm?

exact replica?
    Meow.

Comment

well.. the graphics are a bit upped since 1984

Comment

What about the dark & highly interactive environments, objective oriented mission design, emphasis on cooperative teamplay, class-based character dependance, etc, etc. I see where you're coming from but there were a) a multitude of top-down/platformer games, and b)a multitude of alien themed games from that era of gaming. Something to that effect is inevitable. A good find nevertheless.

PS- after reading the Whole synopsis (sorry), I definitely see more at play here. Very good find, indeed.
        "Who's the moron who put a moron like me in charge?"

Comment

Might wanna take a looksee at the Alien Breed games as well if you're into retro gaming ;o

Comment

Originally posted by Spanky
            What about the dark & highly interactive environments, objective oriented mission design, emphasis on cooperative teamplay, class-based character dependance, etc, etc. I see where you're coming from but there were a) a multitude of top-down/platformer games, and b)a multitude of alien themed games from that era of gaming. Something to that effect is inevitable. A good find nevertheless.

PS- after reading the Whole synopsis (sorry), I definitely see more at play here. Very good find, indeed.

Actually if you can, try the alien syndrome ROM on a mame emulator. its a very similar game, sans 2004 graphics/shadows/detail

Comment

Working...
            X