Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback requested

I've got a server up, The Old Firm.

Right now it is an open server with eight player slots and a couple of people with admin status to sweep the scum out from time to time. I'm running this on my home connection (from Hawaii), on one of my own machines, so I'm not sure how well it will work out.

What I'd like to request is, if you play on that server, please post some basic information (listed below) so I can see if this is going to work, or if I'll need to have a friend host a server or two for me.

What I'd like to know is:
    Where are you from (country/state).
    What kind of pings you got.
    What kind of lag you had (if any).
    How many people were on at the time (if any).

That should about do it. I appreciate any responses.

i didn't have much time so i didnt play on it a whole lot...but..

USA/CA
    pinged: 80-120
    only lag i had was switching between characters because it was only me ^^;;...
    1person, me

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

hey, i started up on ur server again, it had quite the game going haha, but once it got into more heated areas like the end of barracks and boss of uplink it started to lag like nuts. i didnt get a look at my exact ping but there were approx 6-8 people and lt. ripley and i both experienced some pretty bad lag ...it was cool when there wasnt lag ...the lag was aliens attacking us nd me or him seeing nothing attacking us untill near death when it would suddenly pop with us somewhere else and an alien or three hacking us to death O.O...

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

I have lowered the player limit for now to compensate for the lag, at least until I can find a more permanent solution.

Also, I'm looking for information on the quiz that can be found on a couple of servers. With the lower player limit, I'd like to see how well it goes as an "experience required" server, without having to close it to the general public.

To the couple of people I had to remove from the game earlier, I apologize, but it had to be done due to issues beyond my immediate control. You were not removed for doing anything wrong, you just happened to be the last ones to join.

As always, feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X