Walkthroughs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkthroughs?

I know Darkus is working on a complete walkthrough as an addition to his Beginner's Guide.

BUT I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!111

(Note to self: Must be more patient.)

Are there any other, preliminary, draft, unofficial, ... walkthroughs available anywhere? I searched these forums, but to no avail.
    ¤ ¤ The L-shaped Tetris Block, not the pansy 4x1 Block ¤

not really...the best current way to figure out your way through a level is to find a game with players like snipr, johnathon, lt. ripley, spanky, and the many other experienced members of the community that are very willing to explain how to do something or what to do on a map ...thats how i sorta learned haha being thrown from tutorial and single player campaign on easy to online play at insane was quite the trip i must say

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

It really depends on many factors (difficulty settings, #of bots, # of marines, skill level of the players, skill levels of the marines, etc). Writing a walkthrough that suits every levels of skill is very difficult. Some of the times you simply cannot expect others to do the things that the author can do, such as controlling 3 bots in a tough situation or shooting with just the right # of bullets for an alien.

Anyway, try to look for the Thread started by reallybadplayer. Should be named as Map hints (gaming not making). That should give you some clues for the sp campaign.
      I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Tank hunter is right, each difficulty really does play differently, and require different equipment and a different playing style. So does whether you have a bot, and which character the bot is. Then there's all the single mission modes... good luck to Darkus on writing a unified walkthrough for Alien Swarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
          Tank hunter is right, each difficulty really does play differently, and require different equipment and a different playing style. So does whether you have a bot, and which character the bot is. Then there's all the single mission modes... good luck to Darkus on writing a unified walkthrough for Alien Swarm.
          I think it's entirely plausable to complete such a task. You'd just have state the given difficulty. Easy / Normal doesn't really require a walkthrough. The most obvious choice for a walkthrough would be with the assumption you are playing on INSANE. That way, if you wan't to play on Easy/Normal/Hard, the walkthrough still applies, it's just over cautious with overkill. However, if you did the walkthrough assuming EASY, playing on Normal/Hard/Insane would render the walkthrough entirely inadequate.

And besides: The only task not yet completed by the Alien Swarm community is a run through an INSANE campaign. A walkthrough would greatly assist in this endeavor.

... the one other thing we need is a well-connected agressive leader who has a low ping server to DECLARE a date/time with at least one weeks notice. Then start making a list of 8 - 10 players who will be allowed in on the action. In fact...

Edit: http://forums.blackcatgames.com/showthread.php?t=4840
          Sniper007
          Last edited by Sniper007; 14 Jul 2004, 06:23 PM.
          "The greatest leader is he who is aggressive in meeting the needs of others."

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Sniper: The sexxiest voice in gamming.

Comment

I think 9 out of 10 people reading walkthroughs are BEGINNERS (like me) who need some basic advice. This means a walkthrough should be written for easy/normal mode, which is what beginners usually play. If you know the maps from the back of your head and you're badass enough to play on insane you won't need a walkthrough.
            ¤ ¤ The L-shaped Tetris Block, not the pansy 4x1 Block ¤

Comment

Working...
            X