• Show
Clear All

• INSANE Campaign Full Run - SIGNUP

INSANE Campaign Full Completion Attempt

EVENT IS OVER: ATTEMPT SUCCESSFUL

DEMOS OF THE EVENT

Date: Wednesday, July 28th
    Time: 6:00PM to 12:00AM Central Standard Time - US Time Zones
    Server: Clan of sIX server #1. (Sorry for the server changes.)

Players currently approved:

Sniper-of-sIX
    Ninja
    Lt.Ripley
    Angel-of-sIX
    Carth
    Johnathan
    Kaschei
    Taika

Observers currently Approved (in order of playing priority):

Woodstock
    DB-Homicidal
    Mr. Powers

Please reply to this thread with a request to join in on the event. I will be personally screening requests. Only the best of the best will be allowed. Be aware that by submitting a request, you agree to the following:
    • To play for a minimum of FOUR HOURS during the allotted time frame
    • To join the above server at or before the announced time

Only 8 players will be allowed. However, I will also allow 4 spectators that MAY have a chance to play should someone die of a heart attack halfway through. We will be recording each attempt and will post the best runs. I am estimating it will take from 4 to 8 hours to complete. However, that's a very generous estimation. If you elites join in, we can have this nocked out in less than three hours. Also be aware that EGOs are not allowed. We'll all be EXPERTS, but that doesn't mean we don't need orders. EXPECT to be ordered around, and you will be EXPECTED to execute your orders without error. We will probably assign a leader in advance as well.

To my knowledge this has never been done. I can't wait.

Map Order:
    Reactor Core
    Rescue
    Salvage
    Barracks
    Research
    Uplink
    Observation

Official Stated Objective: To complete the INSANE campaign in one sitting with ZERO DEATHS throughout the entire campaign. Individual player/character accomplishments/stars/kills/medals hold no significance at this event.
    Last edited by Sniper007; 30 Jul 2004, 12:23 AM.
    "The greatest leader is he who is aggressive in meeting the needs of others."

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Sniper: The sexxiest voice in gamming.

well id be willing to play, ive soloed every mission but observation on insane.....but i have done it on hard.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excuse from saving the Universe

Comment

ermmmm...i'd like to give it a shot ...i've been playing on more hard/insane servers recently and i think i can be a decent addition, though i would prefer to be placed in the spectator position so that other, more experienced, members have the right away

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Hmm, not sure if i wanna play with a capser... If some good players join up i might join up.

Comment

I was thinking about doing something like this.. lol

Yeah dude, I'm game.
          Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

I'll be looking in game for those I haven't played with much over the next two weeks. I need to see your 1337ness. (EG: Johnathan and Taika)

Edit: Casper? Huh?

"Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

Comment

you should probably not just have ppl sign up, but sign up for specific chars. for instance, i'm strong at medicing and autogunning, good at explosives, "meh" at tech.

also, are you sure that 8 people is the way to go? That means that if everyone were to live each time, we wouldn't have a 5 star medic until the 6th level

anyway, I'm down.

Comment

I call Faith
                Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Ripley
                  you should probably not just have ppl sign up, but sign up for specific chars. for instance, i'm strong at medicing and autogunning, good at explosives, "meh" at tech.

also, are you sure that 8 people is the way to go? That means that if everyone were to live each time, we wouldn't have a 5 star medic until the 6th level
                  I don't want to limit us. These things will sort themselves out. I will purposely withhold choosing my character till the last because I know I can handle any position. Let first come first serve be the rule on the night of the event. People will choose what they are best at or second best or third best...

Also, yes, I am 100% certain I want 8 highly trained COOPERATIVE players. Depending on my class, I will GLADLY suicide at the end of a mission to give up a star to a medic/tech. And the medics will have enough skill to get they're halos on the first mission. All we really need is one medic though with full stars. I would probably decide to forbid the second medic from leveling actually... And if someone doesn't like that kind of strategy, then they are missing the point. I will a insert mission statement so no one thinks it's an individual glory hunt.

But we will NEED every last person to pull this off in a reasonable time frame. In fact, those playing the "expendable" characters will have to have the utmost skill. They must protect the others with their lives at critical moments.

Comment

Why do it with 8 when you could do it with 2? :/

BTW I'm not dead, just very busy with work and stuff and players were kind of not really in the game so I took a break...I will come back, I just don't know when...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper007
                      Depending on my class, I will GLADLY suicide at the end of a mission to give up a star to a medic/tech. And the medics will have enough skill to get they're halos on the first mission.
                      Well, the medics getting the blood halo and silver halo is a good point; with all 8 surviving marines, you can still have a 5 star medic by the third mission.

It's the suicide part I'm having trouble with. Whoever is to get that extra star needs to have the most kills. I think it'd be a bigger pain to make sure that person always stays in the lead with kills, unless they're a tech with a flamer. As for medic, I think it'd be a waste to have them take anything but two satchels in the first two levels, as it's guaranteed (with someone who knows what they're doing anyway) they'll get the bonus star from the halo. I think it'd be pointless to sacrifice a character for a star that can easily be gained as a free bonus.

Anyway, I'd love to sign up, but yeah, I'd like to arrange some way to let you see how I play before I make a total ass out of myself.

BTW, I don't see why, with the type of skilled players you are looking for, having 8 marines is a problem that requires people to make sacrifices. I'm betting that it'd be easy to get a few Perfects and possibly Iron Swords to help with skills, especially in the first two missions. In fact I think it'd be detremental to have 1 star marines, especially for maps like Uplink and Barracks (at least on insane), no matter how 'l33t' that player is. They might as well be cannon fodder, they're so useless.

Comment

ohh make an announcement or send me an emial or sommat, i'd love to come spec it ^^ (if that's cool and whatnot)
                        My glue of Minor Skills has been washed away with the tinkle of Uber Suckiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-of-sIX
                          Why do it with 8 when you could do it with 2? :/
                          Maybe because it's more of a challenge coordinating 8 people?

I think it's a lot harder, but definitely more fun and rewarding, with more people. With just two people, it's almost cheesy in that you can just run around and spray flames as you please with little consequence. With 8 people, you better hold position and make sure you blast that alien, cuz there's no running back.

Comment

with 8 people on the first mission medics should get the free star, can farm easily on it to up accuracy skills for the dmos/ auto gunners etc...while medics heal , but uplink is no problem at all....to raise the satelite send one guy ( a demo) to hit the switch, ride the satelite, everyoen else stays back on platform as to not draw the aliens away..then nade them all
                            tu save shit tons of ammo, and noone should get hit at that point better prepared for the boss., but again with less stars your right...but u have 8 people to make up for the lost stars....so all in all its about the same.
                            My doctor says that I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excuse from saving the Universe

Comment

Sign Me Up Butt Buddy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X