X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid
    replied
    Originally posted by roxer2b View Post
    It's not really *That* hard to emulate a human in a multiplayer game. Thats what I did for a thesis for my game dev engineer degree.
    Basically, you just throw some neural networks and rngs together with a decent pathfinder. And perhaps a DT.
    Teamwork isnt too hard either I'd reckon, but I didnt do that in my emulating AI. Time and all that happy jazz.

Replicating human behavior is trickier though...
    Totally ignoring the fact that you necroposted a 6-year-old thread, official word later came down that the marine AI was purposely dumbed down to make single player a more tactical experience.

They perform very well when stopped and facing a the direction from which bugs are approaching, but are pretty dumb while on the move or facing the wrong direction.

Done, and done.

Leave a comment:

• roxer2b
    replied
    It's not really *That* hard to emulate a human in a multiplayer game. Thats what I did for a thesis for my game dev engineer degree.
    Basically, you just throw some neural networks and rngs together with a decent pathfinder. And perhaps a DT.
    Teamwork isnt too hard either I'd reckon, but I didnt do that in my emulating AI. Time and all that happy jazz.

Replicating human behavior is trickier though...

Leave a comment:

• reallybadplayer
    replied
    Whats with the Wildcat/Faith is hot thing?

Everybody knows Jaeger's the hot one.

Leave a comment:

• tank hunter
    replied
    That includes me, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........

Leave a comment:

• Spanky
    replied
    Originally posted by Carth
    Who was this other guy? --;;
    Pretty much every 1 out of 20 players on the pub servers

Leave a comment:

• Carth
    replied
    Originally posted by Taika
    nah, hes light compared to another guy who was overly obsessed with faith and wildcat...like..boderline scary...*Shivers*
    Who was this other guy? --;;

Leave a comment:

• Taika
    replied
    DoA Beach VolleyBall for Xbox

*ediT* didnt wanna post buncha times --;;..sooo edit

the other guy was **** he played often as Wolfe and he seemed to have the undying passion to be in a shower with Faith and Wildcat at the same time....very distrubing --;;;

Leave a comment:

• Johnathan
    replied
    I suppose I might be too if I had seen a game model that wasnt modified from ut..
    probably not but maybe XD

Leave a comment:

• Taika
    replied
    nah, hes light compared to another guy who was overly obsessed with faith and wildcat...like..boderline scary...*Shivers*

Leave a comment:

• Johnathan
    replied
    Sounds like you need a life more than I do

Leave a comment:

• Corion
    replied
    I'll take ANY lesson faith could give me :0D

Leave a comment:

• Johnathan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sniper007
    Faith spouting off detailed explinations of how to walk around and point your gun on Easy difficulty, a la Johnathan. (I've heard he helps noobs often.)
    Hahaha, I could see that. Tactics 101 with cpl. Faith
    rofl

Leave a comment:

• Taika
    replied
    hehe aye ye be having a point there...though the only problem i've had with the AI getting stuck is on reactor core in the vents and on observation in those vents as well

Leave a comment:

• BiG_D
    replied
    I agree that formations would be nice, but the AI seems to have enough problems not getting stuck on objects as it is...

Leave a comment:

• Corion
    replied
    They definitely need a "Dodge the al's like a mofo" command.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X