Question about key bindings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about key bindings.

IS there some way to bind a key for a specific action (IE HEAL) as opposed to using E to pickup stuff AND heal?
    Its getting old burning kits when your trying to pickup an item
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

click the button on the buottome left where it says take item duh, because even if u bind a key the use key will still pick up stuff and heal.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excuse from saving the Universe

Comment

that would be very nice. however, I've found that right clicking portraits is more efficient anyway, since you don't have to be right next to them, and you don't even need to be facing them.

Also, what keys do you guys have bound for commonly used things?

I have mouse-wheel up bound to "activate extra" (stim, mine etc.) and mouse-wheel down bound to "select next marine." This helps me be able to do well when bringing a bot.

Comment

you know....the right clicking portraits has never worked for me..i always had to click to goofy lil itty bitty tiny healing cross thingi that shows up when ur in range to heal someone....

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Meh, its anoyingly anoying o_O

Comment

Originally posted by Taika
            you know....the right clicking portraits has never worked for me..i always had to click to goofy lil itty bitty tiny healing cross thingi that shows up when ur in range to heal someone....
            used to not work for me either...then i notice i'm left clicking again
            My glue of Minor Skills has been washed away with the tinkle of Uber Suckiness.

Comment

lol no seriously, i right click and it doesnt work O.O...maybe its cuz i changed it so my right click is grenades , i dont like right click being my menu because its easier to push right click then middle mouse button in a heated situation, plus my middle mouse button wasnt shooting grenades O.O.... so Z is my menu button...i wonder if i push Z over the pic then itll work? O.O....

lol john, nice lil logo u got ur self there, mind sharing how ya did it? , id like to make something like that for me self hehe

Comment

lol... if you set right click to grenades, then yeah, that's the problem you've been having.

what you want to press is whatever button you have bound to open up that little menu, which defaults to right click.

Comment

Originally posted by Taika
                  lol john, nice lil logo u got ur self there, mind sharing how ya did it? , id like to make something like that for me self hehe
                  Paintshop pro 7
                  I got photoshop too but im too lazy to get my install disks :/

Wish I could make it part of my sig =(

Comment

hehe, how did u get the pics tho? just take in game pics and do a buncha re-aranging?

i have photoshop teeheehee..fun stuff to mess with

Comment

Yeah, I took screenies of the medals, and took screen captures of the equipment then imposed them over an ingame screenie (Paintshop Pro has layers like PS but they suck :/ )

Comment

lol, so were the medal screens taken from the end menu or are there seperate picture files you could finD and directly affect?

Comment

Does anyone know how to bind a key to SUICIDE?

It's a real pain having to drop down the console and type it out, when infested doom is certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Thalaxasis
                            Does anyone know how to bind a key to SUICIDE?
                            Code:
                            Open up the console (by default, tilde ~)
                            set input X suicide (X is the key of your choosing)
                            Close the console (by default, tilde ~)
                            Press X (X is the key of your choosing)
                            You are now dead. Beg the leader for a revive next map.

Comment

You are my new hero.

Comment

Working...
                              X