Idea: another use for the use key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: another use for the use key

As if there weren't enough already. People with ammo bag should be able to "use" people and resupply their ammo. The default should be "one of the ammo they have the least of" with the options "full ammo restore" and "one of anyother ammo they have" available as buttons in the lower left hand corner.

Oh, and one idea kinda tangential to this one:
    Medics should be able to bind a button to "heal" to avoid the hassle of finding the button (like the square in the lower leftcorner) when there's a lot of junk on the ground, or sealed doors/hackables (been a few occassions when I missed healing crash because the hackable had priority).
    Slightly more advanced might be a list of priorities, the way that you can choose the "best" weapon in UT-- highest is most preferred. Have "heal" at the top, then "hack" maybe, and put "get my weapon's ammo" over "get other ammos"

Medics should be able to bind a button to "heal" to avoid the hassle of finding the button (like the square in the lower leftcorner) when there's a lot of junk on the ground, or sealed doors/hackables (been a few occassions when I missed healing crash because the hackable had priority).

^agreed
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

Or people with ammo bags should have an "auto-replenish" option that automatically supplies ammo to teammates within a radius similar to the medic's heal range. This way you won't have a n00b running around with an ammo bag and an autogun while you run out of pistol ammo and keep screaming "I need ammo!" every fifteen seconds while trying to chase him around the map, only to die in a matter of a few minutes and then spectate him to watch him die and drop the ammo bag that he only used to refill the autogun he reloaded at 145 bullets .... .... i digress ...

My suggestion for the use key is to have it automatically bind to suicide when you first install the game and have the tutorial warn you to rebind it.
      "Crack the panel!"
      "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

I make it a point to assasinate the ammo bag carrier should he not be able to supply stuff (and unwilling to learn.)

Comment

Code:
          E = suicide | onrelease say I didn't go through the tutorial!

Comment

Originally posted by kaschei
            As if there weren't enough already. People with ammo bag should be able to "use" people and resupply their ammo. The default should be "one of the ammo they have the least of" with the options "full ammo restore" and "one of anyother ammo they have" available as buttons in the lower left hand corner.

Oh, and one idea kinda tangential to this one:
            Slightly more advanced might be a list of priorities, the way that you can choose the "best" weapon in UT-- highest is most preferred. Have "heal" at the top, then "hack" maybe, and put "get my weapon's ammo" over "get other ammos"
            i agree with this whole heartedly, except perhaps to make things a little more user friendly maybe, in my opinion, the key's function should change depending on the class you are (or in the case of ammo bags, if u have an ammo bag). the "e" key is default for use (i think...i sorta accidentally screwed up my keys when i first started playing and it was like 2am and so i didnt notice the "reset defaults" button and just starting assigning buttons --;;...) and so lets say you have an ammo bag, if you stand next to a door button and you want to open the door then "e" will open the door, however if someone is standing near you and they have 2 or less clips of ammo then you will automatically give them one clip of ammo (for wutever gun they may have) with each press of "e". If you're a medic then the same theory applies. This might seem a little difficult and possibly annoying but it might be a cool system

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

I say no thanks to this idea, for this circumstance.

say you have a Rifle and your buddy has a rifle , you have 1 clip left and 5 ammo bag clips , he has nothing left, you go to refill him and he gets all of your clips . then youre sol. I say if this were to happen i'd rather have a key for it.

Plus , if ammo bag carriers could distribute ammo like heals, you'd have that many more people running in and out of the cossfire. I think the manual ammo droppage is a good thing as it means that during the break in gameplay people also have time to distribute heals or plan.
              Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Originally posted by Pepito
                I say no thanks to this idea, for this circumstance.

say you have a Rifle and your buddy has a rifle , you have 1 clip left and 5 ammo bag clips , he has nothing left, you go to refill him and he gets all of your clips . then youre sol. I say if this were to happen i'd rather have a key for it.

Plus , if ammo bag carriers could distribute ammo like heals, you'd have that many more people running in and out of the cossfire. I think the manual ammo droppage is a good thing as it means that during the break in gameplay people also have time to distribute heals or plan.

I have to agree with this. However having another key for heal and one for opening doors would make a medic's job that much easier... As we wouldnt be burning up heals cause we missed the door However this key should be just a niceity 'bind e to heal ; opendoor' allow it to be double bound or single.. i dunno.. *yawn*

Comment

Working...
                X