Equipment Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment Ideas

Tita-lite Armor Plating: Additional armor that is attached to a marine's suit further protecting them from damage. Reduces all damage the marine takes by 25% (or whatever other number works.) Takes up a primary slot.

Syntek Chemical Augmentation System (SCAS): A system that injects a chemical cocktail directly into the marine's bloodstream. This provides the marine with enhanced movement speed, reloading, and manueverability. Overuse is known to have negative side effects on a marine's system. It would essentially act as if a marine had more movement stars and use time as ammo. You fire it to turn it on, then fire again to turn it off. When it is on it drains a timer. When the timer expires if use continues a marine gradually takes damage. It would start with 3-4 minutes of time on it. Takes up a primary slot.

Alternate Ammos:
    These would take up a secondary slot. Hitting F would load the alternate ammo clip into the gun. Each use represents one clip. This could either be done which gun requiring its own alternate ammo to be carried or simply one generic item that is loaded into the active weapon. Hitting R to reload would clear out the alternate ammo in the gun. The pistol wouldn't have any for obvious reasons.

AP Rifle Rounds: These armor piercing rounds made from depleted uranium have superior piercing capabilities. They can pass through aliens much like pistol bullets can and do higher damage. Due to their large size a clip only carries 48. For rifle/tek-rifle only.

Chemical Canister: This ammunition allows the flamethrower to spray corrosive chemicals at oncoming enemies. These chemicals stick to surfaces and damage anything that touches them (like a temporary radiation spot.)

Explosive Bore Rounds: A technical marvel explosive bore rounds add a fierce punch to the autogun. These rounds bore into their target and cause it to explode violently on death (they also do enhanced damage/shot). This should not be used upon aliens in close proximity to marines. Clip size is 100.

High Velocity Slug: Sacrificing spread for sheer firepower the High Velocity Slug is packed full of gunpowder. It fires a small spread infront of the user which can pass through aliens and do quite high damage. Clip size is 5 for the shotgun and 9 for the assualt shotgun.

why would we need weapons that do more damage than the ones we have ? itd make the game to easy.

cool ideas tho
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excuse from saving the Universe

Comment

Originally posted by Warskull
      Explosive Bore Rounds: A technical marvel explosive bore rounds add a fierce punch to the autogun. These rounds bore into their target and cause it to explode violently on death (they also do enhanced damage/shot). This should not be used upon aliens in close proximity to marines. Clip size is 100.
      Ermm...if I understand correctly this is for the shotgun correct? If so..a 100 ammo clip?? O.O...Did you mean 10?

Originally posted by Ninja
      why would we need weapons that do more damage than the ones we have ? itd make the game to easy.

cool ideas tho
      Well that would be why all these things would A: Have a lower max ammo count; and B: Take up a primary slot(or secondary slot for some things like the ammo replacements) So you wouldn't be able to take things like the Sentry gun or the Ammo bag and stims. I think those combinations alone will make up for the "easiness" of the weapons killing aliens.

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Actually the explosive bore round is for the Autogun, but I was originally thinking of it being a shotgun round. Come to think of it though it should be more like 60-80/clip.

The are specialized role ammo. The AP rifle rounds have a smaller clip and are for use against large swarms. The explosive bore rounds are for use against large swarms from a safe distance. The chemical spray is sort of a very short term fire mine. The high velocity slugs are designed to destroy big aliens with great efficiency. By taking them you would be sacrificing 3 stims, which is an extremely good item. In return you get specialized firepower for 2-3 clips. They are intended to be situational and the damage bonus would be a little bit for the AP/Explosive Rounds, not enough that they do more per clip than normal rounds. I would imagine the AP damage would be x1.2 or x1.3 of the normal rifle and the Explosive bore would be x1.5-1.7, enough to help you kill bugs before they get too close to you otherwise you blow yourself up. The High Velocity round would be all the power of a shotgun in 3-5 bullets. Same damage/shot just incredibly focused.

Overall my intention was to give some real options to character builds. For example most characters in harder difficulties are limited to a few builds.

Explosives:Assualt shotgun, flamethrower/sentry/ammo, stims/medpack/mines
        Autogunner: Autogun, ammo/sentry, stims/medpack
        Medic: Medpack/Shotgun/Rifle, Medpack, Stims/pistol/flashlight
        Tek-marine: Shotgun/Tek-rifle, flamethrower/ammo/sentry, stims/medkit

A lot of these options disapear fast though. For example some mission don't need sentries and are short. In this situation you would be able to sacrifice offensive power for damage resistance or speed. Maybe in a longer mission you could try to get through with alternative ammo clips and a sentry instead of an ammo bag and stims.

Comment

Tita-lite Armor Plating: Additional armor that is attached to a marine's suit further protecting them from damage. Reduces all damage the marine takes by 25% (or whatever other number works.) Takes up a primary slot.
          Yeah, That'd work

Syntek Chemical Augmentation System (SCAS): A system that injects a chemical cocktail directly into the marine's bloodstream. This provides the marine with enhanced movement speed, reloading, and manueverability. Overuse is known to have negative side effects on a marine's system. It would essentially act as if a marine had more movement stars and use time as ammo. You fire it to turn it on, then fire again to turn it off. When it is on it drains a timer. When the timer expires if use continues a marine gradually takes damage. It would start with 3-4 minutes of time on it. Takes up a primary slot.
          I'd say about a minute, anymore and you're talking super hard marines.
          Then again, Imagine that and stims, you'd have to have a negative effect to stop the two becoming too poweful.

Alternate Ammos:
          These would take up a secondary slot. Hitting F would load the alternate ammo clip into the gun. Each use represents one clip. This could either be done which gun requiring its own alternate ammo to be carried or simply one generic item that is loaded into the active weapon. Hitting R to reload would clear out the alternate ammo in the gun. The pistol wouldn't have any for obvious reasons.
          But why not the pistol? Manum Bullets? You'd have to have them limited or at a cost of some sorts.

AP Rifle Rounds: These armor piercing rounds made from depleted uranium have superior piercing capabilities. They can pass through aliens much like pistol bullets can and do higher damage. Due to their large size a clip only carries 48. For rifle/tek-rifle only.
          You played the Alien: Dark Tide Mod for Myth 2 Soulblighter? They had DU Shells a secondary fire for the Smart Gun. Maybe as a limited ammo for the Assault Shotgun.

Chemical Canister: This ammunition allows the flamethrower to spray corrosive chemicals at oncoming enemies. These chemicals stick to surfaces and damage anything that touches them (like a temporary radiation spot.)
          In theory you'd need an altenative weapon as it would damage the flamer (petrol/chemichal mix explosion?). Maybe a form of new or grenade mine...

Bolters/Storm Bolters from Warhammer 40k?

High Velocity Slug: Sacrificing spread for sheer firepower the High Velocity Slug is packed full of gunpowder. It fires a small spread infront of the user which can pass through aliens and do quite high damage. Clip size is 5 for the shotgun and 9 for the assualt shotgun.
          Great Ideas. We need to think about implimenting these, i could use them in my new campain

Comment

Originally posted by RedOctober
            But why not the pistol? Manum Bullets? You'd have to have them limited or at a cost of some sorts.
            Because you could never get the alternate ammo into the gun. They both take up a secondary slot.

*Pick up alternate ammo and drop pistol*
            Now to load... crap
            *Pick up pistol and drop alternate ammo*
            Let's try again... crap
            *Repeat infinitely*

I'd say about a minute, anymore and you're talking super hard marines.
            Then again, Imagine that and stims, you'd have to have a negative effect to stop the two becoming too poweful.
            I was imagining less supermarine and more slightly augmented marine, like maybe equivalent to +1-1.5 movement stars. Although having it very short term and more powerful could work too.

In theory you'd need an altenative weapon as it would damage the flamer (petrol/chemichal mix explosion?). Maybe a form of new or grenade mine...
            It would have to use something to clean/flush the flamer out on reload. I am sure they are high tech enough to come up with something. Since these weapons would be designed to take the alternate ammo maybe there is a second pipe system for chemicals but only one spot to place the container because two containers would be too heavy.

Comment

I think it would be cooler to have a different pistol type instead of alt pistol ammo.

some six shooters that give you a more powerful kick would be sweet with smaller clip size(but more clips so it evens out)

and a Submachinegun pistol slot weapon that did little damage but spat out bullets faster than a normal rifle would be simply bliss.
              Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Because you could never get the alternate ammo into the gun. They both take up a secondary slot.

*Pick up alternate ammo and drop pistol*
                Now to load... crap
                *Pick up pistol and drop alternate ammo*
                Let's try again... crap
                *Repeat infinitely*
                But why not have it in the right click menu, say load magnum bullets. Have one clip of the beasties?

I was imagining less supermarine and more slightly augmented marine, like maybe equivalent to +1-1.5 movement stars. Although having it very short term and more powerful could work too.
                I was thinking like the stims time and +0.5/1 star, some limited auto aim. This is somthing that would need extensive testing to get it just right.

It would have to use something to clean/flush the flamer out on reload. I am sure they are high tech enough to come up with something. Since these weapons would be designed to take the alternate ammo maybe there is a second pipe system for chemicals but only one spot to place the container because two containers would be too heavy.
                Now that you mention it yes, but gas grenades/mines would be cool

Also what about a renegade marines mission? With the story from the campain its perfectly possible, just add an extra camera angle Warcraft 3 style?).

Comment

But why not have it in the right click menu, say load magnum bullets. Have one clip of the beasties?
                  umm...what part of you can only carry one secondary piece of equipment did you not understand...

Originally posted by Pepito
                  I think it would be cooler to have a different pistol type instead of alt pistol ammo.

some six shooters that give you a more powerful kick would be sweet with smaller clip size(but more clips so it evens out)

and a Submachinegun pistol slot weapon that did little damage but spat out bullets faster than a normal rifle would be simply bliss.
                  that WOULD be cool. like the old fasioned cowboy magmums Long reload time, slow rate of fire, but heavy heavy damage. and the machine pistol would be awesome, faster rate of fire than assautl rifle, but less accurate and does less damage, flip side is you have more ammo and it would slow down aliens (maybe?)

*edit* Ah, just saw ur response Warskull sorry for not adding about it in original post, ic, i mustve missed something in your original definition and just misunderstood when i saw "shotgun round"

Also what about a renegade marines mission? With the story from the campain its perfectly possible, just add an extra camera angle Warcraft 3 style?).
                  ermm....you've stumbled upon a closed topic, refer to the Unofficial FAQ for more details. Well, closed at least for camera style...but how would a "renagade marine" mission work? why would you want to kill other humans ad help the aliens? --;;
                  Last edited by Taika; 18 Jul 2004, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Many be we should try some single-time-use rocket launchers
                    I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Originally posted by tank hunter
                      Many be we should try some single-time-use rocket launchers
                      DUDE! That would be SO COOL, but expect many many tks from newbie rocket launcher fans man that would be PERFECT for levels full of aliens swarms like the main storage hall in rescue and the massive amounts of aliens in observation in the bigger rooms

Comment

Would be fun to have a redeemer (not scaled down either, so an explosion takes up about 100% of the screen. Oh and make it go through walls too ... NO ESCAPE!!!
                        "Crack the panel!"
                        "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

!!! THAT WOULD BE sO COOL!!!! , omg you could finnaly instagib anoying noobs who wont listen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Taika
                            umm...what part of you can only carry one secondary piece of equipment did you not understand...
                            If its in the right click menu you'd already have it with the pistol, so you'd take a pistol in the brefing/load up screen and get a clip of magnums with it. Its like with the nades for the assault shotgun and prototype rifle. Either that or middle mb loads the clip

that WOULD be cool. like the old fasioned cowboy magmums Long reload time, slow rate of fire, but heavy heavy damage. and the machine pistol would be awesome, faster rate of fire than assautl rifle, but less accurate and does less damage, flip side is you have more ammo and it would slow down aliens (maybe?)
                            Yeah that aswell

ermm....you've stumbled upon a closed topic, refer to the Unofficial FAQ for more details. Well, closed at least for camera style...but how would a "renagade marine" mission work? why would you want to kill other humans ad help the aliens? --;;
                            Cus the renegade marines are working for syntec (or whoever) and want to stop you destroying the research cus they're greedy little nitwits. so It'd be like a race to find somthing, or intercept mission, or they could be rebel's who released the swarm on a planet and you have to assasinate the leader and disable any air/space craft to stop them leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Corion
                              Would be fun to have a redeemer (not scaled down either, so an explosion takes up about 100% of the screen. Oh and make it go through walls too ... NO ESCAPE!!!
                              boys, thinking of 8 marines shooting nukes at the same time...

And so, everything go

THAT WOULD BE SO COOL in the lan games, I can send my neighbor as a suicide boomer (runner, actually), and I can use my neighbor's monitor to the map with precision

Comment

Working...
                              X