When to restart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to restart?

Alright.. this seems to be a prevlent problem in servers. Knowing when to restart.

In order of importance:

When the medic(s) die.

When a high level (3 stars or above depending on the number of players) tech dies.

When EVERYONE BUT 1 FUCKING PERSON SURVIVES....
    Had this happen just a minute ago.. Bastille was the only one to survive barracks... SAVE IT OF COURSE!

Add your 'when to restart' things here as im trying very hard to see past the blinding hatred I feel for this kind of behavior :/
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

It depends how many people are playing and who they are (in a small group of 3 people that you play with often you usually restart for someone).

You could just say in general: restart when a character that you need in a later mission and that has stars (and that hasn't died for the last 10+ restarts) dies.

Comment

at the beginning of a map . every time.
      Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Originally posted by Johnathan
        When EVERYONE BUT 1 FUCKING PERSON SURVIVES....
        Had this happen just a minute ago.. Bastille was the only one to survive barracks... SAVE IT OF COURSE!

Add your 'when to restart' things here as im trying very hard to see past the blinding hatred I feel for this kind of behavior :/
        Was that in the game where the idiot who played Wildcat on Salvage saved, after me as a 2/3/2/5 star crash was tked, and our 3/3/3/4 wolfe died?

And then when I got kicked for shooting 0 star Jaeger, after he shot 5 star Faith, when he was in STIM? In the first 10 seconds of the map?

Comment

well...sometimes i just wish people liek that would die

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Originally posted by Pepito
            at the beginning of a map . every time.
            And bind your WASD keys for restarts, so you have nowhere to go and nowhere to hide
            I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Originally posted by Taika
              well...sometimes i just wish people liek that would die
              I would prefer them being stabbed by dull spoons, first.

Comment

and rusty sporks
                Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

that might hurt dont forget the plastic knives and metal forks they give you on airplanes

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

The solution to this problem depends on finding new ways to select the leader.

I know we had a game where intruder13 would force start, restart, rinse and repeat. He did it for almost 15 minutes, before we managed to kick him out and keep him out - then he came back under another name and proceed to ruin the game, plus the game after it when most of us left, but that's another rant.

Idiots like that should never hold a leader slot, ever. More active server hosts and host options (i.e. select certain parameters for choosing leaders, such as time logged, number of successful missions, or just whoever the server wants to act as leader) would be the ideal solution.

Of course, how hard ideal is to code is a whole other story.

Comment

I don't restart unless everyone's dead. If you restart every time 1 person dies, you end up looking at the load screen more than playing. Also, a healthy wait between playing does wonders for people's motivation to play more carefully.

Comment

i restart when i get bored of watching, if the last person alive is any good, and kicking ass ill let him beat the map (if he is good enough) then retry.

i like to watch people dish it out, well unless its on easy / normal in wich case i just laugh.

Me, i randomly TK people for no reason in noob servers just because, not that they did anything wrong, just be walking by and flame some dude because its fun to say GREAT BALLS OF FIRE! out loud to myself.

Then we restart and try again usually me dodging lots of shot guns.
                        My doctor says that I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excuse from saving the Universe

Comment

When a crucial char (lvl4 or 5 med/tech) dies, usually I just tk everyone cause it's fruitless to play knowing we will restart.

and the WORST is when you are by yourself and you are trying real hard to beat the map solo with everyone watching and the dumbass leader restarts without any warning...I honestly cry sometimes when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja
                            Me, i randomly TK people for no reason in noob servers just because, not that they did anything wrong, just be walking by and flame some dude because its fun to say GREAT BALLS OF FIRE! out loud to myself.

Then we restart and try again usually me dodging lots of shot guns.
                            So you are saying that you are a griefer?

And that you prefer to do it in noob(non-Six, Expert) servers?

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein
                              and the WORST is when you are by yourself and you are trying real hard to beat the map solo with everyone watching and the dumbass leader restarts without any warning...I honestly cry sometimes when that happens.
                              Is it Observation? I don't see whats wrong if others want to play rather than watch.
                              Last edited by reallybadplayer; 20 Jul 2004, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X