Alien Swarm LAN - Curses at Rescue mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Swarm LAN - Curses at Rescue mission

Me and my friend just started palying ALien Swarm. We are playing campaign on medium difficulty. The 2nd mission has been a bitch but we've figured out most of it and lots of tactics. we each have 2 marines. So anyway we've fiinally reached near the end of the level the elevator goes down we think its almost over and suddenly every person gets parasited 50 times over. We are hesitating to spend the time playing the mission over yet again (we've been playing it for a while) and were looking for tips before we play the whole thing over again until we figure it out. ANy help is appreciated.

wait..u were at the elevator and u got parasited!?!? O.O....never experienced that before...any how...

itll be a tough for me to give good explanation cuz im really @#$!in tired right now so...yea...

most of the map is sort of straight forward until the elevator part i should hope by now according to your post, So, once u get to elevator you should have a sentry gun with you (hoepfully ) and you should set it up facing down one of the two choke points and then let it expend its ammo before using your own ammo. that way you can save your ammo for the massive alien ambush when youre going down elevator and then when u get in elevator its suggested that you hug the south wall so you have optimal firing capabilities when you are ambushed. and then when u reach the bottom rush south asap and fire enought just to kill aliens in front of you i derno if that helped a whole lot but i hope it did

*edit* your best bet would be to check out the newbie guide Here err...ok so maybe thats not a good idea..check out the unofficial FAQ too...and theres a thread called "map hints" or somethign like that around....

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

If you are having parasite troubles, perhaps you should take a medic (With as much skill as you can get in First Aid) that has 2 med satchels and a pistol to deal with your parasite problem. (50 parasites, WOW!)

Comment

Hm. The only parasites between Williams's hideout and the exit are the eggs on the elevator.

Are you sure you didn't miss any of those?
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
          If you are having parasite troubles, perhaps you should take a medic (With as much skill as you can get in First Aid) that has 2 med satchels and a pistol to deal with your parasite problem. (50 parasites, WOW!)

Another suggestion would be serious DDR time. This will help your overall coordination plus you'll have mad moves on the dance floor. Just ask the guy I quoted.

Comment

the surefire way to prevent parasitation , is to stim at the beginning of the map and spin around while holding fire on the flamer.
            Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

errr mass confusion

so anyway we all just got on the lift and opressed the button so when the grate opens we got dropped on top of the eggs. Kind of stupid I know, but it is 5:21 am when im typing this. We beat it finally. I posted for some reason cus we were kind of pissed at that time and didn't want to go back through everything again but we did anyway and beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
                Another suggestion would be serious DDR time. This will help your overall coordination plus you'll have mad moves on the dance floor. Just ask the guy I quoted.
                It's true, if you can practice to the point that you can do a DDR song on Heavy\Expert that's over 180 beats per minute, then you officially then have mad eye-foot coordination and stamina, and those parasites won't stand a CHANCE!

Comment

at the time we were like oh this must eb a lfit we push button and get on and we werent looking cus we were busy shooting everything but lift was underneath and it open and we were dropped directly on top of eggs is all that happened, but we owned it going back thru.

Also comment on the game, Easy difficulty seems 20x easier than normal, u could prob almost run thru level without shooting on easy, big gap between easy and normal difficulties. but anyway its a good game and me and my friend are doing fairly good on normal difficulty in co-op campaign. Also I noticed that the AI uses Sarge's assault shotgun extremely well while I on the other hand have occasionaly killed a friendly with it.

Comment

Well, AI are aimbots, and their friendly fire is disabled.
                    Being accidentally killed by a dumb AI is *not* fun. Ever.

Oh yea... Good news that you getting past Rescue.
                    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

AT the elevator...may be b/c you did not shoot those eggs BEFORE the hatch...When I first come over this, I was in a two marines+Williams situation...I was shooting the eggs when the elevator was half way up. If you are FAST enough, the should not be a problem through...If I remember it right, there should be about 4 to 6 eggs in NORMAL...

*EDIT* btw, when the AI bots shooting at the front, you should clear the eggs...somehow the AI bots prefers MOVING object shooting than steady one
                      I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

This is off topic. Someone named "jOhNaThAn_"(you read that right, it was just as it is when he(?) joined last night, around 11:30pm EST) joined in after we ran through RC, who just try to tk everyone at the beginning of Rescue. he(?) was using Jaegar (flammer+flammer+med-kit) though. It end up I got a lucky shot of shottie on Jaegar(I was multi-clicking left-button of the mouse since loading...). And we ran through Rescue smoothly afterward (It was in EASY, btw).

Does that ring any bell to anybody, I am not going to play with that j/k next time
                        I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

in response to coldpenguin: glad you got past rescue, i almost alway forget about those eggs because its like second nature to destroy them if i'm by my self or for the medics/explosives guy hanging in the back of some bigger games gets them since im usually near front line sorry for failing to mention that

in response to tank hunter: maybe someone is either using johnathons name to make it look bad or maybe johnathon just wanted to try and give us the impression that someone is stealing his name and so he used a different char (jaeger and faith do seem popular for people who tk...) to help give that allusion. i really don't know. can't say i've ever seen that person...i'll see if i can find him so we can have more notes on the guy

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Well thats encouraging...
                            I guess I should be flattered..
                            Except for the fact that I would never play demo as I see them to be an unfair class for TKing. or just about anything else.
                            Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                              It's true, if you can practice to the point that you can do a DDR song on Heavy\Expert that's over 180 beats per minute, then you officially then have mad eye-foot coordination and stamina, and those parasites won't stand a CHANCE!
                              because we all play alien swarm with our toes
                              "Who's the moron who put a moron like me in charge?"

Comment

Working...
                              X