Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about a real map contest?

Hi!

First at all: hello everybody, i m new to this forum and i m a german one, so my english isnt really good .

Second: the mod is really AWESOME! Respect

Third and main: I asked me why u dont start a real map contest, because i think the main problem of the mod are the few maps (who really all are perfect!!!). I played the maps nearly 20 times all, and i think in a far future they might become booring, so why dont we push all the good mappers out there to create other awesome maps and perhaps a second campaign?

at the moment i m creating a map too, but because i want to make a real good work, i think the release will be in 2-3 weeks...

cu in game

I'd love to see something come of this...
    if I didnt have my head up my own ass and had the time I would be contributing something..
    times like this I wish you could port from quake to UT..
    I got a bunch of good maps for that..
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

Let the Ao-Box contest finish first to get people who haven't mapped before mapping. But yeah an official competition for the best custom map is a good idea, including the existing custom maps.

Comment

I like the idea of custom campaigns, but unfortunately Alien Swarm doesn't support them right now; only custom single missions are possible. Perhaps we could nudge the developers to include custom campaign support in a future patch
        My UT2004 maps
        Ao-BugCity

Comment

Well, technically, the AO-Box competition does allow for real maps. The time period just might be a little short.
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
          X