This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Corrupted .uax file

I am only posting this in AS Discussion because it is the most active thread and should get the most accurate responses the fastest, which is what i need.

My friend cannot install UT2004 (6 CD) because he has a corrupted ONSVehicleSounds-S.uax.uz2 installation file (its on disc 2). I need someone to host this file for him so he can DL it. I cannot host it on the BlackCat community server because it is an unsupported filetype. I also tried compressing as both .zip and .rar and uploading; neither worked. He needs the original, unzipped .uz2 file to be uploaded so he can directly cut 'n paste into his disc2.

Thanks to anyone willing to take the time to help.

Mods, feel free to move/delete this thread once i have an adequate response.
    "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Is he using a burned copy of UT2004?
    "Crack the panel!"
    "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Sounds like it

Comment

no.

UT2004 corrupts faster than any game ive ever seen. Ive reinstalled three or four times, once at a LAN. not fun via six discs.
        "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Details, details...we don't even know what OS we are dealing with...not to mention the hardware and software in your friend's comp...
          I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

He just needs that one file because it is corrupted! it is the disc's problem. it has nothing to do with his OS or setup. the disc is faulty.

Mr.Powers PMed me with the file. Mods can kill this thread now. kthxbye.

Comment

Originally posted by [bulletproof]
              no.

UT2004 corrupts faster than any game ive ever seen. Ive reinstalled three or four times, once at a LAN. not fun via six discs.
              You have not seen my copies of Gladiator, Terminator, SD Gundams...

Comment

I have two installs of UT2k4 ... one clean one for UT2k4 mapping and another for playing/modding/mod mapping etc. I'm actually thinking of having three installs, one for mapping clean ut2k4, one for mapping for mods, and one tainted one for playing.

I really wish UT2k4 had a better system for regulating/organizing custom content. I feel like UT2k4 is violated every time i install something new ...

At least Alien swarm keeps all its stuff in its own folder.
                "Crack the panel!"
                "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

I totally agree. for such a modabble engine, things aren't set up properly. Perfect example: TexPackages.

O
                  M
                  F
                  G

Comment

Yeah ... Great engine, TERRIBLE file system.
                    Well ... terrible liquid/fluid support ... I mean .. they JUST NOW added splashes in the latest patch ... and even now water still is totally screwy to put in maps ...
                    "Crack the panel!"

Comment

*Hugs his special edition DVD*
                      Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Comment

Yeah I have the DVD too ... though I'm pissed that all that's special about it is a fake aluminum box face and a crappy headset that I lost a week after I got it...
                        "Crack the panel!"

Comment

theres also the VTMs

And the Atari Stickers!!!
                          Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Just join the 6cd into 1 DVD or have a 6 cd-rom comp

Comment

Originally posted by [bulletproof]
                              no.

I don't know, it looked to me like you were having fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X