Replaying missions in Campaign mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaying missions in Campaign mode

After playing thru my first mssion in Campaign mode, I saw the option to replay the mission (presumably to get more kills, less wounds, more awards, more skill pointsetc.) Deciding instead to go eat dinner I chose not to replay and instead saved, thinking that I'd replay it later.

Now, after returning to the game, I see I no longer have the option to replay that mission again. I can move back to the drop area, but when I move back to the Reactor, I can no longer launch that mission to replay it.

Other than starting up a new campaign, is there ANY way to replay previous missions AFTER you've chosen to save the game?

No. You have the option to restart the map after you beat it the first time. If you could save and continue and redo the map for more stats and stuff that would be sorta pointless cuz then you could just do the first map over and over and over and over...Besides, IRL could you go back to a base that you already purged of aliens and find out the reactor core is mysteriously going to explode again?

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Unfortunately not, but don't worry. The replay is not really there to maximize skill points (you always get 8 stars to divide + some extras from certain medals) or to minimize wounds.

It's basically for when half your team gets wiped out and you can't take the casualties. You *can* revive/clone the dead marines, but then they will lose all skill points they've earned previously.

If you restart every time you get a Blood Heart, it's gonna take waay too long to finish the campaign.
      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by buzzard
        Other than starting up a new campaign, is there ANY way to replay previous missions AFTER you've chosen to save the game?
        Hmm...you can play thru the whole campaign, and after Observation, you will start from the beginning again... (stars do saved tho...)
        I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Originally posted by tank hunter
          Hmm...you can play thru the whole campaign, and after Observation, you will start from the beginning again... (stars do saved tho...)

Now theres some useful information. I didn't know that you could play it through and keep the stars from the last round.
          Telic Corporation

Comment

i thought they reset --;;

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Yeah, I always thought it reset on a multiplayer server, and on single player the saved campaign turned into a useless thing where you could only wander around the map between the green dots.

(Whew, I thought he said Roleplaying missions for a moment there. "This server is roleplay manditory. No OOC statements")

Comment

Working...
              X