Vote for Alien Swarm on GIGA.de

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Alien Swarm on GIGA.de

I got over this page on another website, and thought I should mentioned to you guys that you can vote for Alien Swarm in GIGA.de's Best Mod contest. I have no idea what the contest is about tho, since I can't read german. If anyone could enlighten me a bit, that would be cool.

I'm just trying to register now, so I can vote.

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
    I can't read german. If anyone could enlighten me a bit, that would be cool.
    The introduction text above
    In der Ego-Shooter Szene entstanden, mittlerweile aber auch in anderen Genres zu Hause. Was sich fernab vom eigentlichen Spielprinzip kostenlos auf Game-Engines entwickeln lأ¤sst, beeindruckt die Spielerwelt immer wieder aufs Neue. Welche Modifikation ist die beste des Jahres?
    could be translated directly (Babelfish-style) as:
    "Originally from the ego-shooter scene, but meanwhile at home (common) in other genres too: The things that can be developed for free on game engines far away from the original concept of the game impress the gamers community again and again. Which modification is the best of the year?"
    ¤ ¤ The L-shaped Tetris Block, not the pansy 4x1 Block ¤

Comment

No offense, but AS doesn't stand a chance in this poll.

I guess DesertCombat will win by a large margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetris L
        I'd have to agree with tet here i'm afraid, while AS is a great mod, the community is tiny compared to DC.

Although i'll make every effort to sign up and vote for AS anyway, you never know ;-)
        If we can hit that bull's-eye,
        the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...
        Checkmate.

Comment

Nonetheless, it's cool they put Alien Swarm into the poll. It deserved recognition, that's why I posted it here.

Thanks for translating.

Comment

DC is a great mod, but it kind of not balance. I can kill two tanks with single life in BF and other variation of BF, but I don't even get a scratch on the M1A2 in DC. And I am not calling myself "tank hunter" for nothing.

Anyway, my opinion is AS is more balance and better than DC.

[EDIT] I am the supreme dual monitor canoner/rocketer in BFs as well[/EDIT]
            Last edited by tank hunter; 26 Jul 2004, 12:10 PM.
            I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Comparing DC with AS is utterly pointless because it's two completely different games.

I played DC for about 1 year before I switched to UT2004. I loved DC. I liked DC a lot better than the original BF and I think it had pretty good balance.

Comment

I played DC for about 1 year before I switched to UT2004. I loved DC. I liked DC a lot better than the original BF and I think it had pretty good balance.
                Not if you see the engineer-M1A2 or engineer-BMP combo at the door of your base...just need one of that and you are toasted...

Anyway, I am not saying that DC is not a good mod. I would just say everyone have his/her favorite/taste, right ? ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by tank hunter
                  Not if you see the engineer-M1A2 or engineer-BMP combo at the door of your base...just need one of that and you are toasted...

Anyway, I am not saying that DC is not a good mod. I would just say everyone have his/her favorite/taste, right ? ^_^
                  then along comes the apache or hind, and the tank is toast
                  nothing beat(s) a nice bit of arty... Getting a spotter was a right **** tho.
                  Last edited by ReduX; 26 Jul 2004, 08:48 PM. Reason: forgot the hind
                  If we can hit that bull's-eye,
                  the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...
                  Checkmate.

Comment

Originally posted by ReduX
                    then along comes the apache or hind, and the tank is toast
                    nothing beat(s) a nice bit of arty... Getting a spotter was a right **** tho.
                    apache eh? I have only seen three good pilots for the choppers in DC who can really toast the enginner-tank/BMP/APC combo, but not in their base tho. You can't really take off, with a BMP/tank near the flag(may be you can for one or two map ). I tried to do something to break that combo in DC, but no luck so far... (it is nothing for me in BF or other BF variations, just the DC give me headaches...)

Comment

This isn't a DC discussion board, but here's my two cents:

They sure put a lot of work into that mod to make it everything it is ...
                      More than 1/3 of the servers for BF are playing DC, and its also a reason many people buy the game. I haven't played any of the BF games in a long time, but DC still entertains me.

Alien Swarm is totally addicting as well in its own right, but doesn't have as much content or exposure as DC does. I don't think many people are buying 2k4 to play AS ...

Let's change this, shall we?
                      "Crack the panel!"
                      "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Originally posted by Corion
                        I don't think many people are buying 2k4 to play AS ...
                        I, quite literally, did.
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I bought UT2k4 for the mods more than anything.
                          Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Yeah I was bummed out when I found I had more fun playing the demo than the retail. ASw saved the day.
                            Telic Corporation

Comment

hahaha, i'd have to agree, i saw a friend playing AS and i bought ut2k4 just to play AS =P

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Working...
                              X