No announcement yet.

Vote for Alien Swarm on GIGA.de

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield is too goofy and unstable to ever win my recognition. The maps are too huge. the game became Spawn > Yell "Request Pickup" hundreds of times to no avail > walk ten miles > action > Respawn after no time for me. The worst problems that game had were its instability, weak infantry combat engine, and crummy community of power gamers and ignoramuses.
    "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Originally posted by Corion
      I don't think many people are buying 2k4 to play AS ...
      I gotta agree.

One of the fundamental reasons why AS isn't very popular is that the number of people who like BOTH 1st person action games and real-time strategy games is very limited.

The standard FPS gamer loves fast-paced 1st person action but doesn't like top-down view real-time strategy games. So he buys UT2004, but he won't download and install AS.

The other way round, somebody who loves real-time strategy games but doesn't like FPS games would probably like to play AS, but he wouldn't have bought UT2004 in the first place.

The number of people who are somewhere in the middle and who are familiar with mods is relatively small.
      ¤ ¤ The L-shaped Tetris Block, not the pansy 4x1 Block ¤

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
        I, quite literally, did.
        I bought UT2k4 for Red Orchastra since a load of my m8s were playing it, but that sucked so hard that I didn't even look at UT again untill I stumbled across the AlienSwarm site.
        If we can hit that bull's-eye,
        the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...
        Checkmate.

Comment

I bought UT2k4 to get to play AS
          mogelbrod, the one formerly know as teh muppen!

Comment

Epic really needs to make a "Demo Mod" package that would allow mod-makers to distribute a snippet of their game without the person having a copy of the full game.

This way, more interest would be generated in mods because people could just try the mod for a bit and then download the whole thing if they wanted to, and UT2k4 sales would go up because people would buy it for mods.
            "Crack the panel!"
            "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

I bought UT to play
              I bought UT2k3 to play
              I bought UT2k4 to play and

I will buy any Unreal Tournament from now on for the mods.
              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
                I bought UT to play
                I bought UT2k3 to play
                I bought UT2k4 to play and

I will buy any Unreal Tournament from now on for the mods.
                But I got UT2k4 for Assaults, UT2k3 for the sake of the UT, and UT for the CTF and Assaults...mods is fun tho...AS is the first mod I played for the UT series...I guess I should try the as well...
                I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Pete from LANChelms Forums
                  I just read a snippit about that TC on PC Gamer. I might have to buy UT2K4, and then download that mod.
                  This was posted after my hype-attempt to get more players at the LAN.

Comment

Working...
                  X