alien swarm ctf, deathmatch and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alien swarm ctf, deathmatch and stuff

Hi guys, I don't know how to write mods, ( I wish I did) but I had an Idea for a custom map for alien swarm. If youve heard of or played infantry online you'll know what I'm talking about. Its a mmo game with pretty crappy graphics you'll find it at sony online. it would be cool if someone could make a map with more than 8 players (likley 24) for ctf, it would rock hard. If mappers could maybe talk to me it'd be cool. maybe I'll be forced to learn how to do it myself. but please leave a comment if you can help.

deathmatch is already possible (no scores or anything, it's just DM maps). Check the Leet Box contest/Ao-Bomberman/Ao-CombatRoom
    mogelbrod, the one formerly know as teh muppen!

Comment

i dunno about more then 8 players though...because then you'd start having duplicates of characters because theres only 8 playble characters as it is...

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

I used to play Infantry when it was free. It was quite good. It was top down like Alien Swarm but you had huge 50 vs. 50 battles across no man's land where you had to invade their base. I don't think it would really work with Alien Swarm though.

Comment

Of course, didn't Dalai say that they'd like to see the custom content that people came up with for alien swarm? It would probably be possible to mod their mod, seeing how different the basic gameplay setup is from UT gameplay. And you know someone's going to want to do a WWII, Anti-Terrorism, or Chu-Chu Rocket mod for this thang....
          "Crack the panel!"
          "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

I'd like Laserguns. thats it.
            Smack the Planet!!!! -

Comment

Bouncy lasers like in ARC
              Telic Corporation

Comment

Originally posted by Corion
                ...or Chu-Chu Rocket mod for this thang....
                rofl, sorry i just had to post to this...rofl hahahahah a chu chu mod for AS >.<

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

thanks to everyone for their feedback, but to taika: what if there was one of each marine per team? just a thought if not maybe four per team would be pretty cool. sorry for double posting. already fixed.
                  eljefe300300
                  Last edited by eljefe300300; 29 Jul 2004, 04:15 PM.

Comment

lyke omfg double poster pls use edit button cuz its the rules mkay. ownt.
                    My doctor says that I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excuse from saving the Universe

Comment

Originally posted by eljefe300300
                      oh, what is this...leet...box? link if possible.
                      Leet Maps: The Amazin...
                      It's stickied, and you've probably missed it
                      mogelbrod, the one formerly know as teh muppen!

Comment

another cool thing I just thought about was a rocket launcer using the awesome smoke trails from the avril, and would it be possible to make a respawn point?

Comment

Working...
                        X