Any news on upcoming versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on upcoming versions?

It has been a while since v1.1 was released. So, what's the future of this cool mod? Or did I miss a news section (newbie)?

Thank you in advance.
    Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

no news yet, i heard they are working on their new mod nightblade now, nothing against nightblade but i dont like the thief setting too mutch. i just cant stand the slow gameplay and the medieaval weapons .i hope they continuou the work on alien swarm any time soon ,it would be a shame if not because i think its one of the coolest mods ever made!
    tet666
    Last edited by tet666; 2 Aug 2004, 03:56 AM.

Comment

The thread "any bugs known blah blah blah" thats a sticky is asking about various map bugs and exploits that they are planning to fix for a new patch. At least thats my understanding. Not too sure of any real new content though...however there are quite a few nifty maps in development. one with a big fat tank in the middle (i think its AO-Parceles or something liek that..sorry if i got name wrong --;; ) and another REALLY nice looking map in development is AO-BugCity. Aside from that not too sure...

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Originally posted by Taika
        The thread "any bugs known blah blah blah" thats a sticky is asking about various map bugs and exploits that they are planning to fix for a new patch. At least thats my understanding. Not too sure of any real new content though...however there are quite a few nifty maps in development. one with a big fat tank in the middle (i think its AO-Parceles or something liek that..sorry if i got name wrong --;; ) and another REALLY nice looking map in development is AO-BugCity. Aside from that not too sure...
        yes but that are costum maps not official ones,a new campaign or just 1 new official map would be cool,the unofficial maps i played by now,lacked the quality from the official ones,the mission objektives always are something like kill this kill that, and that gets boring soon. maybe its because the mappers need more practise with the capabilities alien swarm offers.i hope there will be better maps in the future.

Comment

kill this kill that ? and how are the official objectives any different....not includinge rescue, you run from point a, to point b, press button kill bugs gg. And ive played quite a few custom maps ( not knocking the official ones by any means) that i feel are better than some of the official maps, its all a matter of opinion i guess, if you want new content and you cant wait, make it yourself, if you cant make it yourself, well get some patience.
          My doctor says that I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excuse from saving the Universe

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja
            kill this kill that ? and how are the official objectives any different....not includinge rescue, you run from point a, to point b, press button kill bugs gg. And ive played quite a few custom maps ( not knocking the official ones by any means) that i feel are better than some of the official maps, its all a matter of opinion i guess, if you want new content and you cant wait, make it yourself, if you cant make it yourself, well get some patience.
            yes but there are always other things too do,so it doesnt feel as it would be just killing aliens.there are the lasers on Research ,the thing with the countdown on reactoregore,the elevator in rescue,the behemoth in uplink( ok you have to killl that too) the dropship on baracks and many many more.it would be cool too see more of this stuff in costum maps.

Comment

please note the if you cant wait make it yourself option it works as well , and if you cant, as it says wait.

those are your two options.
              My doctor says that I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excuse from saving the Universe

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja
                please note the if you cant wait make it yourself option it works as well , and if you cant, as it says wait.

those are your two options.
                i didnt want to sound impatient or arrogant if i did please excuse me,its just that i really like this mod and i would like to see more of the stuff that made it so great.maybe you are right and i should try to map for myself bevore i complain about the work of others.

Comment

Originally posted by tet666
                  ...the unofficial maps i played by now,lacked the quality from the official ones,the mission objektives always are something like kill this kill that, and that gets boring soon.
                  Sounds like you haven't tried Ao-Cleanup-beta2 or Ao-BugPlanet
                  modetwo
                  Webmaster
                  Last edited by modetwo; 2 Aug 2004, 06:17 AM. Reason: fixed link
                  --

Comment

thank you for the links butters!,i really haven't tried these. but the link to Ao-Cleanup-beta2 doesn't work,but i found it myself in the mapping forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Butters
                      Sounds like you haven't tried Ao-Cleanup-beta2 or Ao-BugPlanet
                      Thats the way to do it. Link dosnt work...

Comment

If you are not "kill this kill that", what are you trying to do in AS

May be somebody make a map just for hacking and welding

which is

And which multi-player game is not "kill this kill that"?
                        I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Chu chu rocket! (is that multiplayer?)
                          "Crack the panel!"
                          "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Need for Speed Underground...RACE EACHOTHER . Thats only one i can think of atm....

Wait a sec...I thought you said Crash always died O.o....I'm not dead yet

Comment

Originally posted by Taika
                              Need for Speed Underground...RACE EACHOTHER . Thats only one i can think of atm....
                              So we got a running race campaign for AS then...

hmm...invincible aliens at the back with speed of Wolfe...no stim, no guns and run to the extraction zone before the aliens eat you...^^
                              I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Working...
                              X