Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oo Oo, I like fragging aliens and zombies, and... everything else..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salsa
    And I can say that Raven Shield doesn't have a Jackhammer.
    Second that That shottie is not jackhammer. Plz check the model code number for details...*I just formatted my HHD weeks ago, so I don't have RS in my comp atm... *
    I am gone...Radars won't pick me up

Comment

Originally posted by tank hunter
      Second that That shottie is not jackhammer. Plz check the model code number for details...*I just formatted my HHD weeks ago, so I don't have RS in my comp atm... *
      well I ain't played RvS for a while, I just remember that auto shotty ^^
      If we can hit that bull's-eye,
      the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...
      Checkmate.

Comment

It is not a pump-action shotty, But it is not auto either...

IIRC, that is a 12-round cartage (spelling?) shotty. It is used in some special forces for the reloading convenience, not for autos...

But mostly, crew members do not like the "big" cartage and the "reduced fun" of "no pump-actions" ( )...and in some instances, the rather large cartage is not suitable for reconing or infiltration; which reduces the 12-round-clip-shotty's usefulness in many missions...

The current infrantry tactic around the world (not US, US still sticks to the "big entering cut-scenes" ) is to be flexible and stealthy. Nowadays weapons are so destructive and accurate that if the enemy spots you, you are dead. So being flexible and stealthy are the general route to today's warfares.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is an automatic in Raven Shield, though...
          If someone who has it installed could solve this, I won't have to install it myself...
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

There are other automatic shotguns in the world besides the Jackhammer (which was never produced, and can be used freely in futuristic games, but wouldn't be in a modern\near-future game like Rainbow Six 3).

Anyway, I've got the strategy guide, and though I believe they added weapons in the patch, it's got the good oll M1 (which the strat guide tells you is useless), the SPAS-12 (which should be automatic, but isn't), and then the USAS-12 (which is automatic).

Whew. I'd actually have to install the game again and patch it to see any more shotguns, unless the guide does, in fact, cover a late version.

Tip #7 for multiplayer games: If you are not using auto-aim, aim for your opponent's crotch. The head is harder to hit and the chest is usually covered by body armor.

(Edit: After a brief look at a recent GameFAQs guide, (doh!) these are the only three shotguns in the game.)
            Last edited by Hybrid; 27 Aug 2004, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Those are the only shotguns unlesss you buy Athenas Sword, which I hear is a bit crap anyway.

The SPAS12 is manual or gas operated, so I guess the Devs left it on manual since there is already an auto shotty in the game. But iirc you can still get a pretty good RoF from the spas12, much better than the m1 (which btw isn't useless, add a scope and don't use buckshot and u can snipe ) it's just pretty slow.

Originally posted by salsa
              Tip #7 for multiplayer games: If you are not using auto-aim, aim for your opponent's crotch. The head is harder to hit and the chest is usually covered by body armor.
              Using auto-aim in multiplayer?!?! O.o
              I hope that means only for coop, but even then I didn't think AA was enabled :s
              Last edited by ReduX; 28 Aug 2004, 04:46 AM. Reason: added a bit
              Checkmate.

Comment

Hey, I'm not the one that wrote the guide! Just readin what it says

Comment

Originally posted by ReduX
                  Using auto-aim in multiplayer?!?! O.o
                  Autogun, P-rifle, flares with pistol or rifle.... Does this ring a bell or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Sohtaraz
                    Autogun, P-rifle, flares with pistol or rifle.... Does this ring a bell or anything?
                    Not talking about Alien swarm.... does that compute?
                    Checkmate.

Comment

Autoaim for R6 O_o???

You are dead, pal. My personal experience is you normally being surrounded and tango down when the others find that you are using autoaim...

Comment

Working...
                      X