Craze for Bomberman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craze for Bomberman?

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but why has the Bomberman map suddenly become so popular. Why don't people just go and play normal UT2004 if all they want to do is kill each other, instead of using up Alien Swarm servers. The map is fun the first couple of times, but there is no teamwork or killing aliens involved, which is the main point of Alien Swarm (or did I miss something?)

Also, the map itself is slightly flawed in that people can jump on top of the concrete blocks separating the 'corridors', meaning that they can rain grenades down on people below and not get shot themselves. On another point, it seems to be just a battle of the load times - whoever loads fastest gets the Explosives people with the ASG and wins... Fixing these bugs would make it more enjoyable, IMHO. For example, is there anyway to restrict the weapons that you can take? If you could only take normal rifles that would at least remove the Explosives dominating everybody problem...

Anyway, rant over. I just felt it had to be said

EDIT 2: Edited before I saw that there were any replies...
    Last edited by DJRowley; 8 Oct 2004, 04:05 PM. Reason: Didn't like my wording in some areas.

its a good concept but the whole jump ontop of the blocks is such a pisstake.

I liked it up until that was common

Comment

Originally posted by DJRowley
      Also, the map itself is spectacularly flawed in that people can jump on top of the concrete blocks separating the 'corridors'
      That isn't really a flaw, it makes it interesting.

On another point, it seems to be just a battle of the load times
      Bomberman matches don't have to be a race for the fastest load if you experiment with the equipment. I've had games last 4-5 minutes of dodging and grenades flying, mines being layed etc.

whoever loads fastest gets the Explosives people with the ASG and wins...
      No, any class will do. The normal rifle is the best weapon on Bomberman, all classes can get a shotgun, all classes can now get stun grenades and incendiary grenades.

Comment

It's good as a group therapy.

What's that UT2004 you mention ?
        --

Comment

I agree. This map has ruined the game completely for me.
          The competitive nature of the map removes the tactical, tense feeling of the game, and replaces it with the obviously inferior feelings of 'humor' and 'fun.' This gameplay also renders items like the flashlight, or sentry useless. I feel more consideration should've been taken to design the map with all equipment in mind. Furthermore, when running this map on my server, trying to admin things in an orderly fashion was impossible. I pride myself in kicking (or banning, if required) players who insist on teamkilling. Suddenly I had to monitor the server every second it was up. And don't even get me started on the complaints...

But enough ranting for now.
          Last edited by BiG_D; 8 Oct 2004, 04:32 PM. Reason: Sarcasm without good grammar is just mean
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

/me enters Bomberman since he see somebody he knows
            Player A: Oh yea, u all sux, i am god of AS!!
            Player B: no scerw u beeich, u win only cuz u have ASG
            Player A: your comp sux, and also i have more skillz than u
            /me waves bye bye to his friend, and happily exited the map
            Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
            Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

Comment

AO-Bomberman-8

Topic Relevant Changes:
              -ASG has been restricted.
              -Med Satchel has been restricted.
              -Crates can now be destroyed by any weapon.
              -If you jump and shoot with a shotgun you can hit people above you.

Telic Corporation

Comment

SHWEET BEANS!

LOL @ D's post. In fact ... LOL @ this whole thread...
                "Crack the panel!"
                "Once upon a happenstance, I did myself connect to a game-hosting combobulation."

Comment

Originally posted by Mek
                  -If you jump and shoot with a shotgun you can hit people above you.
                  Okay, but you could always do that. The complaint was moot

Comment

D, I totally agree: the whole 'humor' and 'fun' part about games is soooo overrated!

p.s. Crash > All in Bomberman

Comment

Guys, this is just about the only map ever played, and it's all my fault. Yes, I killed Alien Swarm. BiG_D has informed me of this, so in an attempt to vindicate myself, please stop playing this map, there are other maps out there. I urge you to read BiG_D's post in this thread at least five times until you don't want to play it any more. And I am deeply sorry for my misconduct.

Mek should be labelled an infifel and burnt at the stake for for creating it, but my punishment should be equally severe. Please forgive my folly, I shouldn't have supported this map. I don't like Ao-DM, I just felt the need to defend the map itself as it isn't a bad map for Ao-DM. I was wrong, all Ao-DM is bad, BiG_D has enlightened me to this fact.

Thank you, and sorry again.

Comment

does this mean your supporting ao-stupor maps?
                        ..it's safer here.

Comment

No?

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
                            all Ao-DM is bad
                            THEN I'll FIND ANOTHER WAY TO NAVY HAX YOU

The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Is that like one of those negative spaces where I can imagine whatever I want inside of it? I imagine a giant cat-monster from Rigel Kentaurus VII dancing to the latest zorg-blorthian atonals from a Cthonian Nano-saurus's parallel vocal tracks.

Comment

Working...
                              X