No announcement yet.

The excellent voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We decided very early on that we want to have headset speech.
    A voice that comes through earphones is usually very dry and is lacking
    low frequencies.
    So after i filtered out the bass i boosted the high frequencies, then added
    noise, distortion, background sounds etc. and ran some effects over the
    .wavs.
    The procedure was different for every character (male/female, different qualities of the samples)
    Glad to hear that most of the AS players seem to appreciate the different
    characters.

Comment

Originally posted by PratizUnreal
      it seems like wildcat have a nosering
      Nope, not me. I'm way more straight-laced than that.

I'm not a professional actor, but I have done some stage, on-camera and V/O work, including one SAG gig where I did a V/O for a Crest toothpaste commercial (but that was over 10 years ago, and who really cares now). But I'm a financial analyst by trade.

I was one of the ones that came from the Thief/TTLG fanbase, and have my voice more frequently used in Thief mods.

As for recording equip, I used Cakewalk software, encoded to MP3, and a regular stage Mic.

Liz
      (the voice of Wildcat)

Comment

Whoa. Lovely necropost.

I've played those Thief FMs and I must say it was certainly a pleasure working "with" you on the voices.

All in all, you shoulda registered earlier. Now we missed so many days trying to get you play the game online.

DQ
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
          All in all, you shoulda registered earlier. Now we missed so many days trying to get you play the game online.

DQ
          Yes Liz, where have you been! Please make up for lost time and join in. That is, unless your alias is ... Nadia

My compliments to the voice actors too.

'Slowing down old man" (did I get that right!) is one of my favourite lines ...

Comment

I hear that Nadia eats bugs for breakfast and if she thinks about it hard enough, she can break through any blocking volume anywhere. That's just what I hear.

Comment

I always liked to TRY and do voice acting, but then I keep telling myself that I don't have the voice or talent for it. And probably never will...
              After a thousand battles, one only sees DEATH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
                Whoa. Lovely necropost.

I've played those Thief FMs and I must say it was certainly a pleasure working "with" you on the voices.

DQ
                Oh, DQ, I'm sad to say that my life is too full to take on yet another obsessive hobby. But I'm glad you liked the FMs, and I certainly enjoyed "working" with you too! I think the conversation between Wolfe and Wildcat is really cool. And you can all keep trying to get me to play, much luck to you.

I did read posts on the site before (I think Dalai sent me one to try and point out how much I needed to record those extra lines), but never got around to registering. Life was just too hectic at the time.

And just to debunk the myth, Nadia is, indeed, Nadia, and not me.

Liz

Comment

Working...
                X