Single-Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single-Player

Is there a reason I should be playing any Single-player other than to noob up the maps by myself rather than as a team? Solo running some of these maps seems downright impossible.

Though I did beat the Sigma campaign, but, unfortunately, I skipped the end cutscene by accident. What did I miss?

Only the credits, pretty much. Nothing special.

So uh, you DID use 3 bot partners in single player, right? It's mainly for learning the maps and practicing without getting anyone online mad at you.

Comment

Salsa, you forgot to tell him, that you could always try to show your l33tness by soloing Uplink on insane..

Comment

With or without the ceiling exploit?

Even without it, lvl 5 mines + shotgun > queen
        "You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong."

"Ignorance is not an excuse.. heh, it's a cause." -Per Edman

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
          Even without it, lvl 5 mines + shotgun > queen
          But your equip < hack panel.

--

Comment

Indeed...I was, of course, refering to the single mission with Jaeger (asg, flame, hack).

Don't you have a screeny of this, Mr. Xpress?

Comment

You have to remeber that gameplay in single player works differently than in multiplayer. Single player is more focused on moving one guy at a time, covering all directions, letting the bots do the shooting. The follow command is good for only a few situations (the end of barracks comes to mind,) but otherwise will just get you eaten; the bots take forever to shoot while following.
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses2k
                Don't you have a screeny of this, Mr. Xpress?
                Sisu's the one who went on the roof, and got stuck, so had to suicide (which is why he has one kill and no blood heart) It's not quite a solo, but everyone died pretty quick, and I still had to deal with the "queen she" myself.

Comment

Well, what are the unlockables you get for doing single maps then?

Comment

Normal or harder and all marines survive: Hardcore and 90 degree camera rotation
                    Win on insane, at any cost: Carnage and 180 degree rot.
                    Beat a mission quickly on Normal or harder (Specific times per map. Rescue obviously takes longer than reactor core): Uber and 270 degree rot.

Hardcore: No autoaim. Parasites are lethal.
                    Carnage: Many small aliens
                    Uber: Every so often from a spawn, a big tough alien comes out.
                    Last edited by Hybrid; 7 Jan 2005, 08:54 AM. Reason: Forgot a detail

Comment

These unlockables have nothing to do single player. They're for single _missions_.

Get online, vote for a map, etc.

You can do them offline too, but it's a lot harder to complete a speedrun for example when you have to guide a team of AIs around.
                      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

He did say single maps.

Comment

Hrrm... oh yeah.

- I bet he got a moderator to edit his post afterwards!
                          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

i think people helping out online is an awesome thing, in multiplayer. It seems everyone, in every game online, forgets that they were all Noobs once. I know some people are awesome, and totally help out. I know sometimes you dont wanna bother with it, and ya just wanna play. Its all understandable. But why not? Why Not teach people.

To me, everything like this gos down to one basic truth that i could say a hundred times ( and i sure as hell dont see anyone else saying it )...

Make the Community LARGER. MORE SERVERS. MORE PLAYERS. yanno what i mean ladies?

Comment

Originally posted by OHHDEAR
                              Is there a reason I should be playing any Single-player other than to noob up the maps by myself rather than as a team?
                              If you've played both campaigns at least once just come online. You'll learn a lot more and we get more players.

Comment

Working...
                              X