How about some extended Alien swarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some extended Alien swarm?

Just a thought for any future updates/maps for AS, the gameplay is so nice, it's a pity to just keep it limited to aliens. There is so much cool content in UT that barely gets used.
    What about a factory where droids (the robots, most particular the robots from ut2003 such as rapier and sigegy) started going rampant, or are being controlled by someone?
    What about a visit on Na pali, where you have to evacuate/rescue Nali, travel through their land to find a crashed vessel.
    What about a map where you have to infiltrate a skaarj base. And take them on.
    What about traveling to the gen mokai world, fighting with, or against them.

What about a gamemode where to teams battle against each other. In order to reach one objective faster, such as:
    restore data from a facility.
    Infiltrate an enemy base and steal weapon designs or and prototypes.

or a wide open terrain based map, where you can have some vehicles(just some quick transportation. You need to travel back and forth between some kind of installation while others need to hold the camp. Anyone remember playing starcraft> new gettysburg?
    A map like that. hold the homebase, use the rest of the team to manoeuvre through a deserted area/terrain, to retieve something and then wait for extraxtion.

Hmm think I just found an idea for a cartoon.....

Sounds good i guess.Especcialy the vehicle thing.
    Whose idea makes the best game?The gamers' of course.
    What is life without games?Pointless.

A penny to the first one to guess who is playing as jaeger.

Comment

oh no, not vehicles

Plus this mod has some serious issues with terrain, ie things falling through it, shooting and many others...

I'd like to see more different things to shoot though, and i'd love to see more aliens such as crawlers (all fours, move faster but do less damage) and possibly an alien with an acid spit attack or something.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyDude
        What about a visit on Na pali, where you have to evacuate/rescue Nali, travel through their land to find a crashed vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyDude
          What about a factory where droids (the robots, most particular the robots from ut2003 such as rapier and sigegy) started going rampant, or are being controlled by someone?
          Oh... rampant sounds interesting, an unreal type map would be hard to do.
          A "skaarj wars" type map has been suggested before though
          Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan
            oh no, not vehicles

Plus this mod has some serious issues with terrain, ie things falling through it, shooting and many others...

I'd like to see more different things to shoot though, and i'd love to see more aliens such as crawlers (all fours, move faster but do less damage) and possibly an alien with an acid spit attack or something.
            hmm, pity about the terrain thingy,

with vehicles by the way, I didn't mean vehicles the way ut2004 uses them, more like simply a tool for transportation, or a tool to get some job done (like a forklifter, or a monorail, or a transportation truck, or a small hovercraft)

Comment

I suppose having a mech that one of your guys could step into would be cool.

Upgraded armour + firepower

Comment

How about having a rave gun like in the Battlezone games. Just have it pump out a half-second of goofy techno music per shot.

Comment

Only if it shot out laser-strobe lights, too.

And allow me to derail this thread:
                  -ASwarm does not take place in the same universe as UT. This means no Skaarj Wars. Or Nali. Or Gen-Mokai.

-The "mech assault suit" has been discussed, repeatedly, already. Not a lot of folks would dig it. But vehicles were never outright denied as a possibility, but as mentioned before, the top-down camera angles and various terrain issues would most likely translate into some crazy anti-gravity no-clipping problems when behind the wheel.

-As totally kickass as it would be, zombies don't seem to be on the dev team's agenda.
                  (Six-Million-Dollar Shub),
                  Shotgun Addict

Comment

Well, despite being a different "universe" or something what about a modern AS? Modern guns, freaky aliens (sorry no more autoaim )
                    Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shub
                      -ASwarm does not take place in the same universe as UT. This means no Skaarj Wars. Or Nali. Or Gen-Mokai.
                      Word, I believe the majority can agree with this.

-As totally kickass as it would be, zombies don't seem to be on the dev team's agenda.
                      Also true. I keep changing my mind all the time about whether or not any kind of "zombies" could fit into the ASw universe. I think it's just a matter of how they are implemented. One version could be just a marine infected by something unknown (screaming or groaning because of the pain). To eliminate the risk of contagion, you have to either barbeque or paint the walls with the poor bastard before he reaches your group for help. Add a couple of weird cocoon like meshes nearby and the player can figure out the rest. This way the player gets to gib humans without TKing. \o/ I got off track here, but you should never stop dreaming I'm telling you

Comment

And allow me to derail this thread:

Heheh, key, seems fair. Yet I never ment these ideas to push AS towards the UT universe. As it stands, AS uses a lot of original UT content, and there's so much content in UT that is hardly used by the game. (I'd really dig some kind of robotic campaign, with the UT2003 gen robots, not the UT2004 added ones)
                        Okay you might have been right about the nali and skaarj issue, it was more for a mod of a mod idea.
                        Gen Mokai are hardly used by the actual UT universe though, so I thought they might fit in more than nali and skaarj.
                        But if the idea of AS is to create an alien movie atmosphere, well, then the other races go out.
                        Still this shouldn't disable the robots?

Comment

Working...
                        X