Idea for AlienSwarm 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for AlienSwarm 1.3

Maybe everyone could have like their own private weapon editor in the next version.Where they could like put autoaim on the shotgun or flamer or any other gun in the stock.Or make the amount of bullets in a clip increase.And have some special edits for each gun.Like u can choose to make all of the shotgun bullets to speed forward in one spiral.Or something for flamer.Maybe take off autoaim for the Autoguns special and then it gets more powerful.Put grenades of any kind in any gun.Stuff like that.NOT editing stuff like its power and speed though or clips or any other stuff thats a true personal of a gun.Oh and name it so u can tell it apart.Name it anything u want.To keep it from getting too powerful put like a limiter on something like points for each weapon.You cant earn points for it but u have the same amount at beginning.
    Like maybe adding 5 ammo be like 2 points.Adding autoaim 10 points.Special 10 points.Stun grenades 5 points.Incendiary grenades 5 points.Normal grenades from rifle 5 points.
    And the limiter could be like eh 35 points maybe.Also to even the scores make the aliens a bit stronger or faster or maybe more than normal.
    Prepare to be shredded.
    To avoid being teamkilled .....
    Maps to every level in ASw

Well,u can always do stuff like that with the UnrealED
    The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Well this is for teh peoples without that knowledge.Including me.

Annoying UnrealED=crash
      Shredder=wolfe

Shredder shreds crash .
      Prepare to be shredded.

Comment

Oh and another idea for 1.3 put in crashes best phrase from 1.1 something Phantaloz wants.
        Prepare to be shredded.

Comment

Your post makes no sense to me, except for the turning off autoaim option. The fact that Alien Swarm has managed to balance classes and weapons in such a great way makes it even more confusing.

This is not a flame, it's just my opinion

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you are welcome to throw any of my rants right back at me. I hardly ever make any sense.
          Last edited by [nt]Leo; 23 Feb 2005, 09:43 AM.

Comment

So like tweaking the weapons for personal preference like adding laser sights or flashlights to them, swapping grenades and so on? I'd love to see the Assualt Shottie with Stun-Grenades as default... mmmm, stun grenades.

*coff*

I think what he means is, you can basically tweak around the weapons a little to customize them... autoaim should use all your points, as it is a VERY powerful skill and would be very useful... I can see myself using that on a flamer, actually. It might be useful on a shotgun, but more likely a rifle or flamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Exo-Warrior
              autoaim should use all your points, as it is a VERY powerful skill and would be very useful... I can see myself using that on a flamer, actually. It might be useful on a shotgun, but more likely a rifle or flamer.
              A rifle with autoaim is kinda the same as autogun except with less ammo in each clip but more clips.A flamer with autoaim might be hazordous to your teammates health though.
              I wanted to make a shotgun with autoaim and a few more clips.
              Prepare to be shredded.

Comment

Originally posted by [nt]Leo
                The fact that Alien Swarm has managed to balance classes and weapons in such a great way makes it even more confusing.
                Dude that last part of u sentance make no sense to me.
                Prepare to be shredded.

Comment

The shotgun's spray -might- work with auto-aim, but I wouldn't be too confident with it - if it centers the blast on the target, you may end up terminating your teammate you're trying to get the bug off of.

The flamer with autoaim would be far better - it would be LESS hazardous to your teammates, as it would NOT be magnetically attracted to them. It would be magnetically attracted to the aliens, so it's their bloody fault if they walk in the way when it has auto-aim. Therefore, you can say "My Flamer has autoaim, YOU walked in the way!"

Normal Rifle with laser-sight would be useful, as it's hard to tell what direction that's pointing in sometimes.

Comment

YEA!!! make a autogun that fire from each barrel a burst like in shotgun but insteed of fiering led, fire rockets with laser sights and a flamer attached on every rocket(oh and those rocket-attached flamers have autoaim), and it all goes in spiral and make that amutogun fire 100 times faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shreder what is the point of doing such things? the game got great without anny stupid berserking guns.
                    www.damarus.deviantart.com

Comment

We need a BFG9000 and plasma gun with autoaim
                      Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

Originally posted by =IRON=CORVUS
                        YEA!!! make a autogun that fire from each barrel a burst like in shotgun but insteed of fiering led, fire rockets with laser sights and a flamer attached on every rocket(oh and those rocket-attached flamers have autoaim), and it all goes in spiral and make that amutogun fire 100 times faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Well i said no changing personal things of the weapon like rockets and all that other stuff.And i did mention putting in some sorta limiter.
                        shredded by (shredder)
                        shredded by (shredder)
                        shredded by (shredder)
                        Prepare to be shredded.

Comment

Originally posted by Exo-Warrior
                          The flamer with autoaim would be far better - it would be LESS hazardous to your teammates
                          I don't understand this at all. A flamer with autoaim would be lethal. We already see so much FF and TK because of the autogun's autoaim. You can be aiming for an alien, and it autoaims a different alien that is on the other side of a marine. You would set your whole team alight in a few seconds, and it wouldn't be their fault for being in the way, it would be autoaim's fault.

Much better to just aim yourself, it's not exactly hard to miss the aliens with a column of fire... except of course on Ortega when you are on a static mesh and the flames go over the aliens

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
                            I don't understand this at all. A flamer with autoaim would be lethal. We already see so much FF and TK because of the autogun's autoaim. You can be aiming for an alien, and it autoaims a different alien that is on the other side of a marine. You would set your whole team alight in a few seconds, and it wouldn't be their fault for being in the way, it would be autoaim's fault.(
                            Told you
                            Prepare to be shredded.

Comment

Hehe.

Still their fault for walking in the way XD

Anyhow, it was merely a suggestion.

I've never seen any AG-AutoAim TK's, ironically, only intentional ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X