Stim Question;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stim Question;

Exactly HOW slow are stims? I'm guessing about 70%, but that's just a wild guess. Could someone tell me -exactly- how much the game-speed is changed to? (1.0 is normal speed)

Stim game speed is 0.3.
    --

Comment

Quick question: stims seem to mess up the time counter for speedruns, is this true?
      Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

Was true the last time I checked it. Basically you're faster if you don't use stims.

As for the stim speed... the time first slows down rather quickly (but gradually), and then it slowly changes back to normal.

Point of interest: If you type "slomo 0.1" in the console (the ordinary slow motion command from UT2004), you get slow motion, stim music and then time slowly gets back to normal.
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Intriguing...

I was thinking, free stims. Why? Server admins should be able to execute console commands like slomo. Free, anytime stims! Cheating I know, but the current stim music is dreadfully boring. Plus mini-stims effects are possible too.

Comment

I'm not sure you're right about the music, DQ, but the time does move back to 1. Even if you set it to faster than normal...
            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I was right. Just tried it.
              Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Interesting. Did you try speeding it up as well? I've never tried slowing it down, but I never remeber music when I've sped it up...
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I slowed it down and the timeslow worked the first time, but not the second or third.

Comment

Originally posted by Behind You
                    Quick question: stims seem to mess up the time counter for speedruns, is this true?
                    Remember the movement-reload time test I did?

1 movement takes 6 stim seconds to reload.
                    5 movement takes 3 stim seconds to reload.

Does it take 6 seconds to reload without stims with 1 movement?
                    Maybe the speed-up at the end helps, its only 2 or 3 seconds.

Comment

To answer the question, using a stim adds 10 seconds to the final time (though the in-game clock does not reflect this).

In other words, use 3 stims and finish the mission when it says 3:30, it'll say 4:00 at the debrief.

It may be different if you finish the mission while stimmed. Untested.

Comment

The stims run at 30% normal time, but the clock doesn't, so you spend about 10 seconds when stimmed, but the clock is running at normal time, therefore you get an extra 10 seconds. It's hard to explain, but effectively you +10 seconds at debrief, like Salsa said.

Normal Time - 3:30
                        Stim - 10 secs
                        Normal Time - 3:40
                        Debrief - 3:50

Comment

Working...
                        X