Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music

So, as I've played through AS, I've noticed that there are a number of tracks that catch my attention, making me want to listen to them outside of the game (like I've done for the Doom 3 Title Theme and the Metroid Prime music...). Problem is, all I can find is the external ones that custom maps come with. Is there any way to get the official ones to listen to in Winamp?
    After a thousand battles, one only sees DEATH!!!

This post belongs in Tech help
    Prepare to be shredded.
    To avoid being teamkilled .....
    Maps to every level in ASw

Comment

There's a plugin for playing .ogg files for Winamp. Don't know where to get it though. The files would be in the UT2004/AlienSwarm/music file I think...
      Based on a true story.
      The prequel.

Comment

rofl, thanks Shreddy...

Anyway, the music in Swarm is stored in the .uax files in the alienswarm/sounds folder. To extract it, you can use unrealEd, or google for a tool that handles unreal file formats.
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Ah, I see. So, I need to find and extract them from the .uax files. Better get cracking!
          After a thousand battles, one only sees DEATH!!!

Comment

A lot of the Swarm music is really UT2004 music. You just don't notice them as well when playing simple Deathmatch.

Anyway, all musics are in UT2004\Music\

Even those that were specifically made for Swarm, which are:
            - AoSelectionScreen.ogg
            - AoTheHive.ogg
            - Hunted.ogg
            - IntoDarkness.ogg
            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny
              There's a plugin for playing .ogg files for Winamp. Don't know where to get it though. The files would be in the UT2004/AlienSwarm/music file I think...
              dont need any plugins for the latest versions of winamp, but i think u do for any below v.3, not sure though
              Phalanx Campaign
              Executive CEO of NCM Mining Co. (Corvus Campaign)

Comment

Yup, if you have the latest and greatest version of WinAmp, you can listen to .ogg tracks from UT2k4.

Comment

Original music from unreal tournament is in ut2004/music.
                  Newest version of winamp plays *.ogg files, no need to install a plugin.
                  www.damarus.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
                  X