IAF or ISAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAF or ISAF

It's time to stop this madness! It says ISAF on the website, IAF in the inteface, ISAF on some of the textures, which is it?

I for one am an advocate of IAF, since interstellar is one word. And IAF has been used in Telic (in most places at least, I've seen different people in the Telic team using both). Will AS:I use ISAF? I'm just wondering which we should be using if we mention the IAF.

So, which is it? Or are you going to continue having different members of the devolopment team choosing which acronym they use based on mood, the weather, and phases of the moon?

IAF sounds so much better imo.
    every other acronym based armed forces have an S in them!
    s.w.a.t, s.a.s, and lots in games
    Phalanx Campaign
    Executive CEO of NCM Mining Co. (Corvus Campaign)

Comment

Originally posted by Carth
      ISAF on some of the textures
      Ah, it wasn't ISAF on the textures, it was Syntec. Let's get that sorted out too!

Syntec or Syntek?

Comment

IAF. Back before beta 1 we spend quite some time nuking the ISAF references.

As for Syn... I do believe it's officially Syntek.
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
          IAF. Back before beta 1 we spend quite some time nuking the ISAF references.
          Then why is the new website full of ISAF references? I guess someone on the team still likes that version

Comment

Because it's one of the Black Cat Games websites.
            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Yes, but the Alien Swarm website was updated with a new layout, an AS:I section, and a fan-made maps section, and after the update it had more ISAF references! (or definitely not less)

Comment

IAF and SynTek.

Comment

International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) is also the NATO mission in Afghanistan.
                  “That’s not what justice is,” the colonel jeered, and began pounding the table again with his big fat hand. “That’s what Karl Marx is. I’ll let you know what justice is. Justice is a knee in the gut from the floor.

Comment

Another mystery solved!

/me adds it to the list

Comment

iaf isaf can be in the same military stucture just different divisions ,that will be the easy way to solve it
                      also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

IAF...Insipid Alien Food, i knew it!

Comment

"IAF and SynTek."

Agreed. *Dalai is the project lead but i wanted to agree!*
                          "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

SynTek has to be spelt with a k. It's what makes it so sinister.

Interstellar Armed Forces. I can see where the S comes from. It's from some numbskull thinking that it's InterStellar, not Interstellar.

Comment

Working...
                            X