New SOB Alien Swarm server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SOB Alien Swarm server

A friend of mine in my gaming group (www.sobgamers.com )just put up a new alien swarm server and he could use some help testing and breaking it in. It's called SOB Alien Swarm and the server is located in New Jersey in the US of A. Some of you oldtimers may remember the SOB server from a long time ago...well it's back.

Enjoy.

Huzzah! Thanks for bringing it back, we could use another server.
    Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Comment

I noticed the server isn't running the new version of the Custom Campaign mutator and it doesn't have most of the user made maps. Any chance those will be added soon?
      Based on a true story.
      The prequel.

Comment

"New" servers for the Soirm
        The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Fuzzy, I am fairly certain the server will have custom maps and campaigns. It just went up last night...give it some time

My friend does have a question for you guys though...
          I do have a question about UT2k4 version numbers.

I'm running 3339 (?) from the official UT site, I see everyother AS server is running 3355.

Whats the deal with that?
          Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comment

Maybe it's lazy admins.

As far as I know there are no problems with 3399 and Alien Swarm (correct me if I'm wrong). However, I have heard that version 3399 is more server intensive, so maybe they thought the benefits of 3399 (which probably don't affect Alien Swarm) aren't worth it.

Comment

Shouldn't one of those 3399's be a 3355? That's the newest patch version for UT2k4.

And the previous patch was 3339 anyways.
              Based on a true story.
              The prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny
                Shouldn't one of those 3399's be a 3355? That's the newest patch version for UT2k4.
                Huh? No, they all should have been 3399, look at the numbers, 99 > 55

Comment

One server more will be nice (even though I probably won't play much there since I'd get a bit laggy), so thank you for the service!
                  My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Thanks for the server, even though it was on the other side of the pond, pings were only 150 so it was fine for me.

If you wouldn't mind saving the campaign before anyone votes it away, all you have to do is save AlienSwarm.ini (I think). Then when we want to play it again, put the new ini there and start the server using the vote slot.

Comment

We had inadequately veteran marines on this attempt and it showed. DQ & RK deserted us.

Comment

Thanks for letting us borrow the server today
                        Based on a true story.
                        The prequel.

Comment

Just played on your server, ASW always could use more servers, even if its on the other side of the world. Notice you guys play NWN too.
                          Last edited by reallybadplayer; 6 Aug 2005, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reallybadplayer
                            Just played on your server, ASW always could use more servers, even if its on the other side of the world. Notice you guys play NWN too.
                            The server isn't on the other side of the world...you are! Americans need a server on their soil too you know.

SOB used to play NWN...the page just hasn't been cleaned up in a while. There was an effort to make a NWN mod but a hard drive crash and then waning interest doomed that. At least one SOB is already jotting down notes for a mod to NWN2, so maybe someday that will fly. We mainly played on the Realm of the Dead: Heaven vs. Hell server (hosted in Denmark I believe). If you still play NWN I would suggest checking it out. It's a very well done PvP/PvE hack-n-slash mod. No downloads necessary. Forums for the server are here: http://chronis.thyle.net/

Comment

Would you mind putting the speak public mutator on your venerated server?

Comment

Working...
                              X