New Dedicated Server!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dedicated Server!

Just noticed this today, but it seems like there's a new server up. It has almost all the custom maps(Stupor, Crabshack, and Johnsmom are missing as usual; Paranoia and Deadandlovingit are there though), the custom campaign mutator, and Phalanx. It's hosted by DayenTech.net.
    The IP is 68.164.107.83:8888 for those of you wanting to add it to your favorites list.

As a side note, does anyone know of the map Ao-Infested? I had to download it from the server.
    Based on a true story.
    The prequel.

*cough* You did notice who the admin is in the browser right?
    *^He* together with some players went through some of the maps to test them.

Comment

Bunny got served.

Comment

I searched their forums a bit, only one old post mentions alienswarm. The current server was nowhere to be referenced, it was in the list on their front page though. I wonder what they're up to, but a new, professionally hosted US server is always welcome.
        [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
        Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Originally posted by Pestcontrol
          I wonder what they're up to, but a new, professionally hosted US server is always welcome.
          Its only professional if Moses can get banned.

Comment

If it's an US server, I'll stick with THN due to my superior ping there. Nodata's server was fine otherwise but most of the time I lagged horribly.
            My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

I'll post his ID on their forums with instructions. I could even create an installer package that adds the relevant .ini setting automatically
              [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
              Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Hey, reallybadplayer whats your ingame name?
                Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Bucchus
                  If it's an US server, I'll stick with THN due to my superior ping there. Nodata's server was fine otherwise but most of the time I lagged horribly.
                  yep, its really strange... some ppl from uk, spain or italia pings really great, but for an unknow reason, some ppl, like you, ping like shit... 350 to 500 ms of ping, thats horrible but most of the time, ppl on the others side of the sea get an "acceptable" ping of 150. I rencently decide to reduce the number of slot and rise up a little bit the max speed client rate / server tick rate to reduce the ping.

for that new dedicated server, its a really great news!!!
                  Sadly (like all the time ) lagcity is , the server cant andle 4 ppl playing it, for all the other map, the server run really great and i get an excenllent ping, around 100-150
                  My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
                  And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

Try AO-Infested Uarch and i played it a bit today - play that and lag city will seem like a walk in the park(while lagging).
                    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Ki!ler-Mk1
                      Hey, reallybadplayer whats your ingame name?
                      *cough* The nick likes trees *cough*

Try AO-Infested Uarch and i played it a bit today - play that and lag city will seem like a walk in the park(while lagging).
                      Hey, you managed to speak to the wrong person \o/

But NoData's avatar...could it be...

Baz you monster!
                      The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Try AO-Infested
                        I did! I couldn't beat it on easy with 3 bots
                        My autogunners ran out of ammo and then everything just started to lag.

Originally posted by Moses2k
                        Bunny got served.
                        Bah, what else is new?
                        Based on a true story.
                        The prequel.

Comment

"*cough* You did notice who the admin is in the browser right?"

Shed some light on this sentence please.
                          "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

Originally posted by Phantaloz
                            *cough* The nick likes trees *cough*
                            And african swallows.

P.S. Anybody still didn't get the not so veiled reference to who the server admin is?

Comment

Nah, it was obvious even before I read the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X