No announcement yet.

Alien Swarm While Drunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played "Gradius 5" while drunk out of my head. i got a new high score and completed the game... something i could never do while sober.
    But at any other games i really suck while drunk
    Hack Hack....

Comment

Myself and some friends came up a theory a while ago that if you are already very familiar with a game you can actually get better with some alcohol. We figured you just play on instinct rather than taking time to think about what you are doing. Particularly in FPS games, a split second delay can be your end. But you have to be good [when sober] first and know the game inside and out...thus why I could never do ASw drunk. Back when I played CS regularly I swear there were times I was unstoppable with a couple beers in me. Or I just want to remember it that way.....

Comment

If you are squiffy it can help you relax into it, and play on instinct more. If you are wasted you will start to suck. A few vodka and red bulls is a good one ^_^

Comment

I love this thread.
          I don't generally play drunk, anything over one drink and i'll just feel i'm putting a burden on the other players, especially with cooperative games like Alienswarm. Comparatively gametypes like Deathmatch work best for me for the very valid reasons Ran-Bot stated, but i still do a bit better when sober. Strategic things like Onslaught are a big no-no as the other team will have won before i realise i'm pushing through to the wrong node. It's gotta be simple if you want a drunk man to be any good at it.

One thing though, when sober and trying to get the best out of myself, an intensive game can become mentally exhaustive for me, as i have to be on the edge all the time, a few drinks will make it much more relaxed.
          [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
          Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

I've found that with a couple of beers I become much better at playing Winter Assault because they make me more impulsive, and that particular RTS seems to depend on aggression more than any other I've played.

Comment

Winners don't use drugs!

Comment

Alcohol is not a drug, it's a drink.
                ..it's safer here.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
                  Alcohol is not a drug, it's a drink.
                  You would say that you junkie scum you you!!!

Go have another pan galactic gargle blaster.

Comment

Junkie! I'm outraged! go back to your cancer sticks you... smokie!!! yeah! thats pointing out you smoke in an offensive manner!
                    ..it's safer here.

Comment

Thank You For Smoking

Comment

huh?
                        "READY UP MATINES!" -Fuzzy Bunny

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
                          I find drinking aids my ability to play swarm.
                          I don't think your doctor would like you drinking AIDS.

Comment

should be fine as long as i have no cuts or abrasions on the way to my stomach!
                            ..it's safer here.

Comment

Working...
                            X