No announcement yet.

Escape From Rhea - Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Thox, trying to work out missile silo was fun AND funny. Though it was fun to play alongside the creators and testers as well.

I enjoyed it, good work everyone!

On a side note I noticed it was really laggy while inside the bunker on the last stretch, however when I stepped outside the lag went away almost instantly. Is that just me?
    Kept an xmas avatar for 3 year(s).

Comment

No. This is caused by the sheer amount of decals accumulating after a 5 minute holdout, even though I used every mapping trick in the book there. If people defend outside the doors, you'll get no lag at all.

Comment

I have only played EFR Trench War from the new camp, and sry but this map is really ugly, its too long, if someone die he have to wait a long time up to restart or finishing. Every corner looks the same there are no barrels or environment gimmicks its all clean junst the blank wall´s, blank ground and blank Bugholes. I hope the other maps will have more love in it, Trench War is monotonously.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomes View Post
          I have only played EFR Trench War from the new camp, and sry but this map is really ugly, its too long, if someone die he have to wait a long time up to restart or finishing. Every corner looks the same there are no barrels or environment gimmicks its all clean junst the blank wall´s, blank ground and blank Bugholes. I hope the other maps will have more love in it, Trench War is monotonously.
          I dont want to comment your first impression cause its how you feel it personaly.

A few points that might help you to get warm with it though:
          -The map in the briefing is realy the map of the level with all spawners, Williams and the Exit
          -The start is in the upper left corner below the first spawner. The exit is just right from it but you have to "circle" through the whole map to get there.
          -This map is always available during mission when invoking the objectives view
          -Withing the map you see colored lines on the wall (red, yellow, blue and white). Let's call it sections.
          -Once you have seeled all spawners from a section you get a status messages and you know you can move on to the next section. It realy makes sense to clear it section by section. Otherwise you have to many aliens on your tails.
          -I personaly played the map with a Demo with Nadeluncher, ASS and Airtank on easy. I made a screenshot of the objectives page and printed it out, scaled to 100% of the A4 page. While playing I made notes on the map like the section color, the name of the spawner and the bunkers, items and gimbs. I could finish the map very easy. You always have savespots once you cleaned a spawner or two. With that map at hand (which I had not yesterday, grrrr!) you will never lose the oriantation.
          -Problem at the moment is that the people dont know the map and therefore its kind of chaotic. Once they know it like other maps it will be fun. Certain strategies (bring tesla for the gimbs?) might help as well.
          -You dont have to close all spawners to move on to the next map, but if you do you get a reward (find out which )

I personaly like the map. I dont find it as good as bunker for example but it has its own charm. From all the AS maps it has its unique character. Restarting it over and over again sucks though but that is the case for every else map too . It's long. That is right but it teaches you to play focused and not to rambo. During the first test I felt kind of lost. Eventhough we (two players with bots) managed to finished it after a few tries. I rather like to do this map in 20 minutes rather then restarting a short mission over and over again (like Barracks with noobs).

Hang on it and you probably will like it
          www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
          http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

Originally posted by Gomes View Post
            Every corner looks the same there are no barrels or environment gimmicks its all clean junst the blank wall´s, blank ground and blank Bugholes.
            I think I like the fact that it all looks the same, you get can get lost and split up, it makes the map more fun trying to find your way around and meeting back up with your team mates. Also any marine can take a regular rifle so they can seal bug holes as they find them.

I will agree, it's the least "pretty" of the maps though.

Comment

Even if it is a bit less exuberantly decorated than the other maps (and it has to be that way, to make the maze-athmosphere work), it is still a nice map, more than only solid work. I like it. It is long and hard, but perfectly possible.

And all those maps are hard to beat. Wait 'til you play Specimen...

Of course that will make map knowledge even more crucial.

And the only thing helping you when not having that knowledge will be good teamplay.

I still try to think Don made the maps like they are 'cos he wants to enforce teamplay.

And not just because he is mean and evil.

Comment

Originally posted by lightfoot View Post
                I like it. It is long and hard
                As well as the majority of woman!

Comment

Wrong. It IS just because I am mean and evil.

Comment

"And all those maps are hard to beat." i like it hard that is not the problem, i just was scared about the blank environment

Next time on Trench War i will bring some Flowers and decoration,...

Comment

And remember to look at the map in your objectives screen. Don't forget you can pull it up at any time by pressing O (default).
                      Based on a true story.
                      The prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
                        And remember to look at the map in your objectives screen. Don't forget you can pull it up at any time by pressing O (default).
                        is my post invisible for all but me?

Comment

Yes.

You should have made a proper list.

Comment

I'm gonna do this in single-player before moving onto multiplayer again
                            The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                              Did you finaly escaped yesterday night (or shell I call it "this very early morning"? I am sooooo fucking tired, damn you Don ) ?
                              Originally posted by Felix View Post
                              is my post invisible for all but me?
                              lol I only just saw that. Yeah we beat EFR5 in the end, on easy, starting with 6 marines and only the medic and the hacker made it.

Comment

Originally posted by westy View Post
                                lol I only just saw that. Yeah we beat EFR5 in the end, on easy, starting with 6 marines and only the medic and the hacker made it.
                                I bet you saved all the meds for yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X