Mutators Embed In Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutators Embed In Map

do i have to have telic mutator running or can it be embedded into map,problems being i have some alien tougher pawns in map but when i test says it cant find controllers also no telic equipment appears in screen menu
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

as far as i know, if you want telic inventory to be forced into your map just place the telic equipment thingy into your map and away you go

if your just making a general map which doesnt require telic, but you want telic in it them either run the game or host your map with the telic mutator

i cant say ive had any problems using telic stuff in my maps, i just placed telic aliens and telic equipment info thingy and it worked fine, any more detail on the error you are getting?..also you are running the map through swarm right?..and not through unrealed

Comment

testing from swarm ed i will try through swarm and let u know
      also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

yeah unfortunately problems with ued means you cant properly test a swarm map, since ued will try to run the map as if it was ut2004, im not sure if adding the gametype to the levelinfo would solve this but i doubt it, when using "test map" in unrealed, it just wont launch the map with the needed mod parameters, hence all dewm happens

Comment

Use the UED link in your UT2004/AlienSwarm/System/ folder, and add the gametype to the level info. Yes, it work, and using the "play map" link in UED work and will lunch ASw.
          My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
          And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

it plays in swarm i have added gametype ,another problem turned up concerning tough pawn and tougher pawn they both show up but when they move they fade in and out semiinvisable what causes that effect

Comment

The TougherPawn just seems to be a bigger (and yes, tougher) version.

But when one of that TougherPawns spawns near the marines, or gets woken up from hibernation, it will flood your console with 'visibility' messages while moving. AND it seemed to me that it kills the framerate more than a 'normal' gimp. No idea what else is different, if any, only the Telic coders know...

So I would only use the AoAlienToughPawn.

You can of course manually set the Size, Speed, Health and collision values to get a likewise 'Tougher' Gimp.

Comment

if its showing log messages, they may be leftover debug messages

for all we know it could be an "unfinished" pawn which was left out from the main game, much like the predatorpawn or that other morita rifle

Comment

Originally posted by UArchitect View Post
                  ...was left out from the main game, much like the predatorpawn or that other morita rifle
                  Other Morita Rifle???

Wana have!!! Gimme! Please! No?
                  www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
                  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

Mutators Embed In Map
                    In UT2004 i think you can add a game-info actor and from there add the mutators you want, although you cannot customize it. In Swarm can you do the same? Because in EFR-Help.txt Donator writes that there is a in-Ued actor and a mutator. The mutator can override the actor, but if you don't run the mutator still you should have the same. (not the add gui-starting equip). I don't want to create anything, just trying to understand how it works. I mean can you have a map, that by default when loads, runs BigD mutators or the Infested 2K4! etc.
                    (I could always go and try that myself or wait for a nice person to answer )
                    Antikythera mechanism
                    KISSSSSS

Comment

thats way over my head sofos lol,it seems i have found it in info/extra equip it allows you to add telic and efr stuff by placing icons in mission info
                      Last edited by reemulmyu; 7th Mar 2007, 12:04 PM. Reason: not looking enough

Comment

Originally posted by sofos View Post
                        can you have a map, that by default when loads, runs BigD mutators or the Infested 2K4! etc.
                        yes, depending on how the mutator is coded

some mutators when placed in a level will "auto register" themselves with the gameinfo, allowing them to become active whenever the map loads

but alot of mutators arent created with this in mind, so you might need to find another way

Comment

Thanks. Just trying to see how things are put together.
                          @reemulyu good luck with your project.
                          Antikythera mechanism
                          KISSSSSS

Comment

Working...
                          X