Weapon modding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon modding

Started experimenting with a new type of inventory item, weapon modification kits. To keep things simple, those are items that go into a primary/secondary slot and are activated through right-click menu. Once activated, they check if they match the weapon the marine is currently holding in his hands and then replace it with a modified weapon subclass. For now, I got working a flamethrower gastank (modded-flamer has a single big 500 shot 'clip', and a new alt fire projectile attack that lays down firemine-like 'firewall-pieces' but eats tons of ammo) and a ModKit for the Hunter Rifle (adds a little P-Rifle targeting laser and grants a very small amount of autoaim, also ups the rate of firing a bit). I also created a powercell/nuclear battery thingus that will auto-reload energy weapons like the teslagun when they are not firing until it runs out of charges (this is going to be a requirement for extremely heavy energy based weapons that eat power like popcorn).

What I ask of you folks is to please post some ideas on which weapon-props could be modded in a reasonable way, or what kind of new alt-fire possibilities could be added to existing weapons through a mod-kit without being silly. That's it, start ranting.

what do you think about adding a movement penalty if you take those items as well?
    maybe a slight one - movement less than normal but faster than autogunners

Comment

I smell flamer ducktaped with rifle
      Ordinary flamer altfires rifle projectiles, 3-4 clips not reloadable

Flashlight to pistol adding small autoaim

Comment

yeah I thought of the flashlight+pistol thing too while trying to think of something that would benefit the medics. But the reason medics take the pistol in the first place is to carry two medbags. So if you're going to lose a medbag to take a flashlight for your pistol why not just take a rifle and the flashlight in your extra slot. The only use I could see for the pistol+flashlight combo would be to aid in getting the gunfighter badge and that begs the question of if you really deserve the gunfighter badge for using autoaim. :p

hmm - would anyone find some sort of cooling unit for the Mustard useful? you know, to keep it from overheating.

Comment

stop firing it for a bit cools it ,thats the way it was designed to be as you would use up your ammo to quickly
          also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

oh thanks for filling me in (I'm talking about removing the need to stop firing. might that be useful?)

another idea I saw in the AS:I weapons thread:
            an autogun belt feed - basically removes the need to reload by creating one continuous feed of ammo from all the clips you are currently holding

Comment

Multi color flames - Like on an old epic game jazz jack rabbit2 there was red and blue flames, you could just for pure entertainment make the colors change through red blue and green(and the default of course).

I know this is modding guns, but have you considered making the ut2004 mine launcher viable for alienswarm(with the mines shrunk a little)?

On an unrelated note, is it possible to make uber mode locked onto insane so that an insane&uber camp would be possible without the leader doing mutate uber with the unlocks mut?
              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper 1 View Post
                yeah I thought of the flashlight+pistol thing too while trying to think of something that would benefit the medics. But the reason medics take the pistol in the first place is to carry two medbags. So if you're going to lose a medbag to take a flashlight for your pistol why not just take a rifle and the flashlight in your extra slot. The only use I could see for the pistol+flashlight combo would be to aid in getting the gunfighter badge and that begs the question of if you really deserve the gunfighter badge for using autoaim. :p

hmm - would anyone find some sort of cooling unit for the Mustard useful? you know, to keep it from overheating.
                A pistol with altfire(turns flashlight on) that doesnt awards gunfighter,so no dualies for it and no extra slot

Comment

I'm a fan a melee weapons myself. I think it'd be sweet if you had like a laser bayonett or something of the sort. Doesn't have to be super strong but something that either gives a little more reach for your melee attack or beefs the damage a bit would be a cool weapon mod.

Comment

maybe a 'throw flare' alt-fire?

could be of some help, I think, for several weapons, maybe even for the pistol.

without being silly.

Comment

I pray every morning i wake up before i look at the forum. The only thing i hope to see is a thread called "Chainsaw melee weapon beta1"
                      My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
                      And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

A rifle with a slower rate of fire, slightly increased damage, and incendiary nades.

Or just a rifle with incendiary nades. Sometimes you NEED an explosive that will bounce.
                        Based on a true story.
                        The prequel.

Comment

Or regular nades for the assult shotgun, would make setting off T75 a lot less pain in the butt without having to tote around the "crappy" rifle on the demo marine.

Comment

A second barrel to the normal shoty, makes it fire both at once or not

Comment

this is not a weapon mod or is it ,when you get more ammo for asg you do not get more grenades i think it should be included with asg ammo 1 per case
                              also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Working...
                              X