Importing And Embedding Custom Smeshes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing And Embedding Custom Smeshes

have i missed something, i am trying to get some static meshes embedded into to my map, idiots guide to how will be welcome . they are custom and i want them in the map so they dont have to be downloaded by anyone ,help plz and no rtfm plz
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Working from memory but I'm pretty sure i'm correct:

Import it the same you would as any other Smesh, but when it asks you for a Package Name, use:

MyLevel

Then add the smesh to your level, and save the level. The smesh is now saved in your map
    [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

thx i will try
      also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

you can easily copy and paste them from other maps they are in.
        they will automatically be put into the myLevel then.

you can access them normally thru the Smesh browser, myLevel package.

you can even merge Static meshes. say, you want a moving platform with some handrails as a single moving lift. arrange the Smeshes how you want them, select them all, use 'convert to Static mesh', and choose the myLevel as package.

Like the Chief said, use the ressource you created or imported somewhere in the map, and save the map. DON'T SAVE THE MYLEVEL PACKAGE! (Or any other 'dirty' package, or even an OMG original package. I guess you already heard that...)

Of course inserting things into the map's myLevel will increase the filesize. so it is no good copy-pasting stuff that is in the normal Static mesh packs coming with UT and AS. It would just duplicate.

Comment

Working...
        X